Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Oh Ye of Little Faith...or Look Ma, It Fits!

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

Just thought you deserved to see it IN the car. Under the blankets is the headboard I found on CL while there ($25 final price).

Currently the sofa is sitting in the living room. It has the bolt of fabric sitting on it playing dress up. I need to get that made asap. (I went green).

Comments (12)

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Nice fit. Was the wine included? Hope we see everything when it is set up.

Transportation is always a problem for me when buying bargains. My Accord has an enormous trunk but I need the height of an SUV.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

But wait! There is still room over there on the right!

:)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Can you give us a shot of the headboard and the fabric for the seat cushion???? Staging not required!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The story behind the headboard:

Before leaving town, I found someone selling an entire set of Henry Link Bali Hai bedroom furniture, no headboard. FOR $100 !!!!!! I plan on painting it (maybe) a dark blue and painting the hardware too--maybe an aged brass color.

So, while in Greenville, I was on CL, well, I was looking at CL and I found this headboard. Gal was selling it for $30. I looked around the web. Hmmm, this particular unmarked headboard is selling on the web for some moolah. (One Kings Lane included). We met with her, I said "You are asking $30", she immediately said "I'll take $25". DH is a quick study, he immediately whipped open the wallet and paid.

So, here is my hideously ugly yellow headboard, with cat pawprint in the paint included

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The bolt of fabric is sitting on the piece, with 2 pillows working as place holders. I want large pillows on it. (have you noticed that pillows are bigger now on sofas? Anybody?)

Under the green fabric, I have 2 throw pillows to help it look like a cushion, lol. You have to have imagination to live here.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

From one Craigslist 'gal' to another, that is one hel* of a haul!
    Both before the trip and during. Show us the Henry Link pieces? Are they for you? CL is wonderful!!!!

I love faux bamboo and weeks ago put a bit of great green paint similar to your fabric color on one of my CL faux bamboo chairs. I matched the lighter green in the fabric I'm planning to use, Thibaut's Providence in raspberry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Providence Fabric - Collection Serendipity - Raspberry

• bullydosmom
    10 years ago

Good job! I love Henry link furniture. I found an awesome Henry Link desk in a goodwill in Florida paid 25.00 for it. I had my sister practically sitting on it will I texted my hubby a picture. Lol!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Just marvelous Bee!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

my3dogs--I don't have them yet. They are "mine" though. Long story...seller expecting baby yesterday, older daughter who is using the HL furniture is getting Gradmom's current furniture, but her house is for sale and they don't want to have an empty room....I have no problem letting the little girl keep her furniture for another week.

I don't have any pics, he took the listing down. But here is a picture of the same dresser painted blue from my Pinterest board!

The set I'm getting is this dresser, the mirror, 2 nightstands, and the desk

• User
    10 years ago

WOW ,,,wow...you have the knack to score ! Amazing eye as well. I wouldn't have even known what the brands were LOL. Next time you are in Greenville ( we were there today on our way home from VA ) you must go to Hotel Domestique . DS1 was going to go there to do his charcuterie ...his best friend is the new exec chef, but the offer here at home was better so we get him back ! But I will link below...you must go ! c

Here is a link that might be useful: fantastic place.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

I saw 2 Pinterest boards last night with Henry Link - yours must have been one of them. I cannot BELIEVE what a HUGE bargain you got on that set. The ways I saw them re-done were just gorgeous!

• bpath
    10 years ago

Love the sofa! What a graceful shape it has! (Like the rug it's sitting on, too) And the bedroom set, are you going to paint it a similar color from your pinterest pic? It'll look amazing.

You are a scorer-extraordinaire!