Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Considering SW Netsuke for Bedroom

Posted by jovtfam4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 13:36

Hi, We have had a gallon of Netsuke ready to paint our bedroom for months now. We have twin toddlers so haven't gotten around to doing the job. We might have time tomorrow, but now I am rethinking our choice. Our entire house is in shades of golds. We wanted a green for our bedroom, and we went with Netsuke thinking it had a touch of green. I think we just fell into our gold comfort zone. Our room tends to be kind of dark. Can I see your rooms painted in SW Netsuke? I really wanted a green or maybe a soft blue, but this color was what we have...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Considering SW Netsuke for Bedroom

I used SW Netsuke in my dining room -- on the upper part above the plate rail and on the ceiling. The lower portion is SW Harmonic Tan. Both colors are on the same "color card" -- Netuske is two shades lighter. I think the color in this picture is pretty true. Both these colors change quite a bit depending on the light and time of day. Sometimes it appears very gold, and other times quite green, and even tan. I really like both colors, but hey, it's only paint, so an easy fix if you don't like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dining Room in Sw Netuske and Harmonic Tan

o

Wow, your dining room is stunning. You are right, I will just go for it. I guess I worry about the extra work if we don't like it because we have twin toddlers who always want to "help paint." I need to find someone to babysit and get to work!

o

If I was close to you, I'd come and help babysit! My DH has 5 children (11, 10 yr old twin boys, 7, and 4) so I have lots of experience! LoL!

Thanks for you nice comment on the dining room. We've worked so hard on this 1916 Arts and Crafts home -- trying to bring it out of the pink/blue/fake flowers/Knick-Knack decor. Your comments mean alot.

Good luck. Show us pics when you're done!

o

joyce, I just love the color of the SW Netsuke on your wall. Thanks for giving me another color to think about when I am ready to repaint a few of my rooms in my home.

o

Ah, twins. They are a joy. They have been irritating each other a lot lately though. They never get to be alone you know? They are always in each others' business. I have a boy and girl (2 years old) and they do have their own interests... I always dreamed of having a craftsman house. They are so lovely, my favorite style! Is it hard to find affordable furniture? I love the William Morris wallpapers and fabrics!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here