Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginger25

Paint for Guest Bedroom

ginger25
9 years ago

I need some paint brand and color suggestions for our guest bedroom. The floor will be a medium oak. Any bright neutral colors you have used that you could recommend? Thanks so much!

Comments (6)

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

I don't know about 'bright neutral colors', since I look at neutrals as whites/off white/ivory, black, gray, tan/beige, and these days green is sometimes considered a neutral.

Brights would be just about any color which isn't toned down and muted by black or made lighter by white.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Blue. Blue, blue, blueâ¦

Blue bedrooms are divine.

My personal favorite: Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Love my guest room...ben moore pale moon...bright yet toned down, not overly masculine or feminine.

I also like the BM hazelnut cream I used in the guest bath. It's a really nice warm beige.

But in bedrooms, I typically start with the bedding/window treatments first and then pull colors from there for the walls. Easier to match paint to fabric than vice versa.

• funkyart
    9 years ago

I love love love my BM gray owl (in the aura matte finish) bedroom-- it is a very light gray takes on a blue tone in my room but ever so faint and ethereal. My floors are a medium oak. Annie has a point about selecting bedding etc but I did not do that for a few reasons-- mostly, because I like to change bedding up and also, I needed to paint the house before I had everything settled. So far, it's worked well with anything I've tried. I couldn't be happier with it. It gives my smallish, dark room a cheery and fresh feel.

I don't think I have any photos that do it justice but I'll try to scout a few out.

Note I also tried BM Gray Cashmere and thought for sure I'd go with that-- but it turned *too* blue. Gray Owl was perfect.

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

We have oak floors and oak furniture, our guest room is SW Celery. The green looks great with the oak.

This room is small and does not get a lot of natural light due to trees in front, so I did not want a muted color. The previous color was a light purple/orchid, which looked so drab.

• ginger25
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so very much! You have given me some great ideas. Thank you for sharing your photos!