Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artlover13060_gw

Dishwashing Liquid Dispenser from Wine Bottle

artlover13060
14 years ago

I was in someone's house recently and they had a nifty way of dispensing dish washing liquid. It was in a wine bottle, sans label, and had a spout like bars use for dispensing liquor. The bottle was sitting in a decorative iron holder, or maybe it was attached to the bottle (can't remember for sure).

I have done every google search I can think of and have come up empty. The spout part would be easy enough to locate but what about the holder for the bottle? I don't know this person well enough to ask. It looks like a Southern Living or Pampered Chef item, if I were to guess;

Comments (20)

• HomeMaker
    14 years ago

I bought my bottle from the dollar store. Cost me $1 and the spout cost me $8. :-)

• allison0704
    14 years ago

Have you tried search a wine caddy?

• rdsso
    14 years ago

I have one. Got the bottle at BB Beyond and the holder at one of those home parties.

• rdsso
    14 years ago

Sorry it's not a wine bottle but don't think that would be hard to do from a wine bottle. Here is a link to some stoppers that might work.

http://www.fantes.com/stoppers.html

• gsciencechick
    14 years ago

This is a great idea!

• graywings123
    14 years ago

This is a Martha Stewart idea from many years ago. They are making dish soap so thick these days, I wonder how long it takes to come out of the bottle.

• rdsso
    14 years ago

Sometimes you have to really shake the bottle, if that doesn't work I just pull the stopper out and pour it in my dish water. This may not be the easiest way to get your dish soap but it looks great on the counter!!!

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

graywings, you're right; I used to have a pretty bottle and spout and I would end up diluting my dw liquid to get a quicker pour. I would sooner use a pump now.

• neetsiepie
    14 years ago

I thought it was me. I bought a lovely olive oil bottle and a spout and the liquid just won't come out. So now I know it's not me!!

I'm trying to find a replacement pump for a beautiful soap dispenser bottle, but it's a weird size, and so far, all I've found are silver...I need ORB.

• artlover13060
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Rdsso - it was similar to yours but I think the caddy portion was round and was stuck to the bottle somehow.

The comment about the spout seem like this might be a problem. I wonder if a wine pouring spout would be any better.

I'll keep looking.

• birdsong_z10_sf_ca
    14 years ago

I bought my first spout at Pier One many years ago and am still using it. From experience, I suggest getting a spout with the widest intake, maybe one for wine or liquor. Stay away from the ones with the skinny tube inside the bottle, intended for oil, I think. I tried updating to some new ones, but their intake was so small, I went back to the old one. Some dish soaps work better than others. I use an old whiskey bottle.

• momto4boys
    14 years ago

I have one of the oil bottles. I'm actually on my second, because some dude measuring my countertop knoncked my last one off the counter. Oops!
    I got it at Kohls for less then $5.
    Anyways, I also had a problem with the soap, so I started using the cheap stuff. Great value, or whatever off brand they have at the store I'm at. It's cheap, because it's pretty watered down. But it comes out with no problem.

• oceanna
    14 years ago

Was the holder something like THIS?

Or like THIS?

• artlover13060
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oceanna, it was very similar to the first link. The second link doesn't work.

I found one that is almost identical to what I remember. But I would never pay $39 for it. Now I know that it's called a bottle holder and can keep looking. I never knew there was such a thing!

Oceanna, how do you add the links in your text like that? Does your browser have an "insert hyperlink" option?

Here is a link that might be useful: bottle holder

• hilltop_gw
    14 years ago

Try doing a google search for a wine coaster. Use the shopping link or image link. Here's a similar one, but again it's $35.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Rdsso - love that Aunt Jemima syrup bottle with the fancy hat!

• allison0704
    14 years ago

This is a Martha Stewart idea from many years ago. They are making dish soap so thick these days, I wonder how long it takes to come out of the bottle.

That's exactly where I got the idea too many years ago to count!

I don't have ANY problem with dishliquid coming out. I use the cork stoppers with metal spout. Buy them at kitchen shops. I do take it out of bottle and rinse under hot/warm water now and then to get out any soap built up.

The plastic inserts last the longest, but the holes are not as large.

The ones with "ball" don't work well at all. Clog to easily.

I've found the cork with silver/metal spout to be the best. The one I have now is easily 8 years old or more.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

I always hate being the thread killer......LOL

• artlover13060
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Allison - you are NOT a thread killer! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County