|Recently I received a small sample of the silver sage paint color by RH and really like it. My question is this--I have heard that gray wisp by BM is an exact match and I am wondering if one may be a better paint or not. Also is it really an exact match or not. I use BM paints but have no problems ordering the other if it is as good as BM or better. Thank you in advance.|
|Here is the link to a post from a day or so ago.|
Here is a link that might be useful: RH SS
|Gray Wisp is not an exact match to Silver Sage. Gray Wisp is the CLOSEST match to Silver Sage at a 96% match if I recall correctly. |
They are close but they are def. 2 different colors.
|If you take an original SS chip and compare it to a Gray Wisp chip, there is zero discernable difference. A sample pot of SS from RH and a quart of Gray Wisp mixed in interior Regal Matte using the computer formula for GW from the computer and there is no discernable difference between SS and GW. Paint out a full room with SS from RH and, again, GW from BenM in Regal Matte and there is no discernable difference. |
Given those very specific circumstances and I would absolutely call GW a *match* for SS. Aura Matte works as well as Regal Matte.
|I used grey wisp in my mudroom and silver sage in the living room. I can't tell any difference! I would go with whatever is easiest to get. Although I think the quality is better with BM.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here