Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

Where to buy children's bedding

kaysd
10 years ago

Can you please recommend places to look for children's bedding. Potter Barn Kids has some cute designs, but the prices seem high for kids bedding, especially since I suspect my two little ones won't be gentle on it.

My older daughter is turning 5 soon, and we are converting her toddler bed to a full size bed, so she needs a new set. She has had to live through the kitchen and master suite remodel for the past year, so I would like to do something nice in her room, without breaking the bank. TIA!

Comments (16)

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Lands' End. Macy's online. JCPenny.

• bird_lover6
    10 years ago

Don't forget ebay. :)

Sometimes, you can get great stuff that's simply discontinued.

• porkandham
    10 years ago

Target usually has cute things. My boys have quilts and shams from PBK and Company Kids, but I use plain white sheets for all the beds in our house. Perhaps that would help keep the cost down.

• rafor
    10 years ago

Ikea has some cute kids bedding and very reasonably priced.

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

My girls have pbk quilts with target sheets. Before that, they had sets from eBay. My son has a land of nod quilt I got from Craigslist, and his sheets are tommy hilfiger and company kids.

• ThreeBeez
    10 years ago

Many of my kids' favorite items came from home goods. We live in snow country, and they love the fleece sheets which start appearing in our stores around October.

Otherwise we have bought from PBK (But they say the quilts are too heavy and don't like them), JCP, and Company Kids.

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

i found some nice flannel kid's bedding at kohls.com.

you can also try thecompanystore kids. their linens are pretty high quality.

• ohgoodness
    10 years ago

My son's PBK quilt held up incredibly well. After 7 years (ages 2-9) it still looked great, even though it had been through just about everything, stomach bugs, nighttime accidents, etc. We updated his room recently and I bought a target quilt that I already regret. The PBK was so much better. I'd go with target sheets and PBK quilt. You can sometime find discounts on eBay for new PBK items or if you're near an outlet, try there.

• User
    10 years ago

Pine Cone hill has lovely bedding for children and when on sale it is not too bad. If you like Pottery Barn Kids they reduce that stuff regularly by 50% at the end of each season.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Land of Nod, Serena and Lily, Nandini.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

I just bought some duvet covers at H&M for super cheap. They are surprisingly good quality and feel actually very smooth and soft. DD has a whole bunch of duvet covers to easily change the look of your room.

• allison0704
    10 years ago

Look at etsy. DD2 just bought adorable organic toddler bedding for DGS from an etsy shop.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Craigslist or eBay.

• Houseofsticks
    9 years ago

My daughter's 1st was PBK but recently we updated her girls pinks with a different color scheme. She confided that she hated her quilt (crazy quilt pattern with lots of embroidery). We purchased cheap Target comforter and sheet sets. She loves her new bedding! I cringed, but DH said we'll just try it. She still keeps the quilt for a cool night top cover.
    My son's is a Ralph Lauren down alternative comforter set I scored at TJMaxx.
    We have a PB outlet in an hours drive. See if there's one near you, then call to see when the beddings on sale if you fell in love with something.

• allison0704
    9 years ago

Hanna Anderson just opened their home section for children yesterday. No crib or toddler bedding. Similar style as Serena & Lily.

• Mike121
    9 years ago

From ebay...