Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fireplace and mantle help needed

Posted by ShellKing (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 11:53

Here is our current fireplace
Photobucket

We are getting new carpet, so now is the time to redo the greenish/black tile and the mantle. The fireplace itself has to remain in place. I'd like to take this opportunity to update the look -- but still have it fit in with our house, which has all white trim. I thought I could introduce some stone, but keep a white mantle. I cannot raise the fireplace; it must stay on the floor.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

Here are a couple ideas I like:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fireplace and mantle help needed

The two looks you posted are very family room casual - is that where you are going? The mantel you have is pretty formal in design, so I am wondering if your decor and the rest of the woodwork in the space are equally formal?

I don't see either one of those working in a more formal space. A wonderful textural slate could be terrific, though.

o

I agree with les. Slate would look great for your mantle.

o

I think that's the problem -- the rest of the room is not formal. I'll post some pictures. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here