|The two looks you posted are very family room casual - is that where you are going? The mantel you have is pretty formal in design, so I am wondering if your decor and the rest of the woodwork in the space are equally formal? |
I don't see either one of those working in a more formal space. A wonderful textural slate could be terrific, though.
|I agree with les. Slate would look great for your mantle.|
|I think that's the problem -- the rest of the room is not formal. I'll post some pictures. Thanks!|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here