Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avesmor_gw

Can anyone vouch for O or PB rug pads on hardwood?

avesmor
9 years ago

I'm looking to buy 6 area rug pads. The four largest (8x10 and up) do not need to be non-slip; they will be acnhored by heavy furniture. The smaller ones (3x5) are free-standing and I want non-slip/rubberizied pads.

I'm trying to figure out if the felt-only pads are soft enough that they won't scratch the finish of my wood, or if I NEED a rubberized side to have a "soft enough" side. The felt ones feel VERY rough (I assumed they'd feel soft like the adhesive pads you put on furniture feet) -- rough enough that it seems they'd tear up the finish. I've asked the companies selling them and they've all said "it should be OK" but they don't warranty against scratches, and "should" is pretty far from "will!"

Can anyone vouch for either the felt/felt, or rubber/felt pads from these two companies, on hardwood, in respect to not damaging the hardwood floor underneath? (Scratching, gridding, etc.)

Thanks so much! I'm eager to order, but will be making an inviestment with that many pads so I want to do it right.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm