Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used Wedgewood Gray by BM in windowless bathroom

Posted by sis2two (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 11:15

Next week we are having our guest room painted Woodlawn Blue and the guest bath possibly Wedgewood Gray. This bathroom is actually a jack and Jill bathroom that has no windows. Floors are a white tile with some gray veining and countertops are white tile. I like the Wedgewood Gray because it's deeper and would pop against the white elements.

If anyone has used this in a room with no windows or low light do you mind posting pictures. Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used Wedgewood Gray by BM in windowless bathroom

I have that in my husband's bathroom. He has blue pearl granite countertop, a bluish slate floor, white appliances, a silver framed mirror, large bird artwork with silver frame over the toilet which holds a pewter gray and soft blue pillar candles, towels that in white and a color similar to wedgewood gray, held back a satin rope and tassels in a pewter color, frameless shower/tub doors and a candlestick (pewter) lamp on the vanity with a grayish shade and pewter tassel.

Love it, and looks very spa-like in the cool colors, but also very cozy with the candlestick lamp and no windows.

o

Patricia- that sounds so pretty! This bathroom is very small and I guess I lean towards a farmhouse- cottagey look. I am actually looking for something to hang over the toilet now. There's not much wall space as the ceiling slopes over that little wall space. If you have any suggestions, would love to hear them. I actually thought about replacing countertops but I really kind of like the white tiles even though they are not used much anymore. Thanks so much for weighing in.

o

Just go shopping and look at things you might like. My towels are from Target and the tassel lamp is from a flea market, artwork from Stein Mart, candles from TJMaxx. Just take your time in finding things you like. I think the white tiles will look great with that color. You have far more light with white tiles than I had with the blue pearl granite. Go for it. Do almost everything in white and it will have a cozy spa look. Do you have a shower curtain? If not, look for one similar to a flame stitch or an ikat which would have several colors, including a cool color like your paint and maybe some fiery reds and do all the rest in white. Maybe add some red candles here and there.

o

That sounds great. Currently I have a solid white shower curtain but would like to get a new one as well as towels and rugs. Can't wait to have those areas repainted !

o

No, but I used something like it in two windowless bathrooms, both of which have white tile with some grey veining on the floor and white counters (Ceasarstone organic white). In each, the tile in the shower/bath area is complementary but different. Here's a picture of one of them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here