Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ksoxgrl

Reputable blinds/shades sites?

ksoxgrl
13 years ago

I just read Colleen's posting about Smith & Noble and to stay away from them. Any opinions about Blinds.com? I've received some swatches for some Graber skylight cell shades and was wondering what people's experiences have been if they've used them. Would welcome advice and other sites as well and if you think it's better to actually go to Home Depot or other place in person for these. Any favorite brands, Levelor, etc. Thanks!

Comments (27)

• ksoxgrl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Skyedog. I guess I could check Penney's out. These are for skylights which require track systems. Does Penney's deal in these as well as regular blinds/shades?

• annzgw
    13 years ago

I've purchased from yourblinds.com, Lowes, and a local/mobile WT business.
    As mentioned above, it's hard to beat JCP prices but I've found them lacking in choices of fabric and blind colors.

Who I decide to go with usually comes down to which store has the color I'm needing. I've found that not everyone carries all colors that are available, especially when I'm trying to match painted trim or wood cabinets!

For something like Roman Shades, I use references from my local fabric store or I go directly to a shop that does WT & upholstery.

Here is a link that might be useful: blinds, etc.

• bedelia
    13 years ago

I used Blinds.com for my Bali TDBU cellular shades in our MB. The price was better than JCP and Lowes at the time (free upgrade for TDBU). I was very impressed with the service and fast delivery.

• ksoxgrl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bedelia, glad to hear you had a good experience with Blinds.com. I ordered some swatches from them but not all of them came in. The prices seem good. I'm just nervious about picking a color that I haven't seen in person. I just ordered more swatches of the same Graber line from Yourblinds.com. Hopefully all of the swatch colors will come in and I can decide on who to go with. Thanks.

• Tiffany Altieri
    13 years ago

Anybody have feedback on blindschalet.com and selectblinds.com? I ordered samples from both of them and am thisclose to ordering roman shades and cellular shades from both of these companies.

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Blindschalet.com was excellent. I ordered 6 faux wood 2" white blinds for our family room and they are perfect. My husband installed them and said it was very easy. I'd highly recommend them.

• blubird
    13 years ago

I recently ordered woven wood shades from selectblinds.com. I was very impressed by their customer service. I had questions and called their direct line and received excellent answers. The samples I requested online came the next day. The order came in perfectly filled and the quality appears excellent.

I've often posted responses to questions re Smith & Noble - they had a nice product, but their customer service was abysmal.

Helene

• Mo
    13 years ago

I've used JustBlinds.com twice. Very happy with them.

Here is a link that might be useful: JustBlinds.com

• jannbell
    13 years ago

I purchased the Blinds.com's deluxe 2" wood blinds for my front hall, family room, kitchen, master bedroom, exercise room, and 4 more bedrooms over a year ago, and I've been very pleased. When I called to ask questions, the people I talked to were very helpful and pleasant. I placed 3 separate orders over the period of a few months, and all orders were delivered when promised. I haven't had any problems at all with the blinds.

• ksoxgrl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all of your reassuring replies on ordering on-line and for the great resources too!

• luvnlife_09
    13 years ago

Hi ksoxgrl!
    Were you the one that was going to try the Barkwood panels from JCP? Did they work out for you? Pics?
    I still love mine:)

• ksoxgrl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi luvnlife....yes it was I who ordered Barkwood panels from JCP! I tried them but the color & texture just didn't look good in the room, it killed me to return them at that great price. I tried to figure out a way to use them outdoors on my screened porch but I then chickened out thinking they'd get moldy and fall apart out there. Ugh. I'm going to end up purchasing panels from either Pottery Barn (pricey I know but I love their linen panels) or possibly Ballards or Country Curtains. I'm waiting until we finish painting the room before I decide on a color. Possibly the chestnut or linen color from PB. Thanks for remembering me though!!!! I promise to post pics when the room is done...currently painting DD room at the moment. :)

• luvnlife_09
    13 years ago

Aww shoot that's too bad....Look forward to seeing what you choose:)

• Tiffany Altieri
    13 years ago

I echo ksoxgrl - thanks so much for all the feedback!!

• kristine_2009
    13 years ago

I have gotten all of my blinds from justblinds.com. Excellent quality. I highly recommend.

• deniseandspike
    13 years ago

I just ordered 2" faux wood blinds from starblinds.com. I got their name off of this forum. I have received one blind already and it is perfect. I was unsure of the color since I didn't have time to order swatches and I emailed their customer service and they promptly answered my questions. What I ordered is exactly what I got and it came quickly. I ordered their Hunter Douglas just before the deadline of when they couldn't sell them online anymore.

• deeinohio
    13 years ago

Another Justblinds.com repeat customer here. Great service, great prices, great product. (Not affiliated in any way)
    Dee

• msgreatdeals
    13 years ago

I have been using Selectblinds.com for a while and have been really happy with them. My last order for 2 cellular blinds, I placed online Memorial weekend and received them the following Wed. Because we have 2 cats and our 5 year old grandson, I got the cordless and they were really cheap and look great.

• alohamillion123
    13 years ago

I have had good exp with both Lowes and JCP with window treatments & would recommend both. I was a repeat customer of SelectBlinds.com but the last time I ordered, several of the real wood blinds warped. They had very bad customer service so I will not use them again.

• SarahH73
    11 years ago

I have been a repeat customer of http://www.selectblinds.com for many years. Once I did have a problem with some blinds that came damaged, but they were really great about taking care of it when I called in to customer service. They even gave me a free $20 credit towards their one of their other stores http://www.bedding.com. I have been happy with my experiences with that company.

Here is a link that might be useful: Great blinds company to order from

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    11 years ago

bump

• barbie08075
    11 years ago

I have ordered 5 natural woven shades (lined) from blinds galore.com and they were perfect. Would not hesitate to order again from them.

• amj0517
    11 years ago

I've done my last two homes with selectblinds.com. Loved them. I had one issue where a valance was slightly damaged so they sent a new one - no questions asked. Otherwise, everything we have order has met our expectation. We've have wood blinds, honeycomb, blackout, cordless and top/down bottom/up from selectblinds.

• lazydaisynot
    10 years ago

I had good luck with Steves blinds. We bought their own brand, though they carry many major lines. Learned about them here on GW.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

coffeex13 = spammer

• Susan Saskin
    4 years ago

For the last 8 weeks I have been dealing with every issue imaginable regarding my sheer shades order from Blindsgalore.com. After endless phone conversations, emails and pictures sent to their customer service - the issues with my (very expensive order) has still not been taken care of. Needless to say, they will not be who I order from for the rest of my house!