Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nerdyhousewife

Anderson Hickory Forge?

nerdyhousewife
11 years ago

Anyone have Anderson's Hickory Forge flooring in their home, or consider using it?

Love to see some pics or hear comments...

Comments (10)

• allison0704
    11 years ago

DD2 has it in most of her home, but not the kitchen, laundry and bathrooms. Ringing Anvil is the color. She lucked up and got 50% off - the only color on special at the time from our local floor dealer.

If you don't know the story on how/where the flooring is made, you should look it up.

It is gorgeous. I had major floor envy when it first was put in. Almost 3 years ago - baby, 4 dogs, 2 cats. Still looks new.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anderson Hickory Forge

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Here it is before the rug:

Pre-furniture:

• nerdyhousewife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the pics! I'm glad to hear your daughter still likes her floors, as I just purchased 1600ft of them!

Hopefully they withstand my golden retrievers the way they've withstood her family.

• flymom65
    11 years ago

We had them put in about 4 years ago. They have held up well even with three dogs on them all the time. My neighbor liked mine so much, she had them put in her house. Then my younger sister did the same. Love, love, love them!

• nerdyhousewife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Flymom65, if you see this... what color did you go with? We chose "Hammer Glow" and I still have to wait another couple weeks to find out whether it was the right decision.

• nerdyhousewife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Update: We had Anderson Hickory Forge installed in Hammer Glow almost a year ago.

It has been unbelievably durable!! We have two 70 lb golden retrievers who like to chase each other in the house - and the floors look as flawless as the day we installed them. Not a scratch from the dogs whatsoever. Also, the top half of the shutters on our bedroom window came crashing down from about 8 foot up. The paint marked the floor, but I got that up with a magic eraser and it didn't leave a scratch. Unbelievable! The floors at our old house were demolished within a year. It's also held up perfectly fine in the kitchen despite our negligence at cleaning up splashed water.

My favorite thing is how forgiving the finish is. In our old house we had a more satin finish on the wood flooring, and it would show every paw print and drool mark. You had to use the Bona Kemi spray daily or it just looked filthy. With the matte finish on the Anderson flooring, all I have to do is sweep and it looks good as new! I've only used the Bona Kemi spray maybe three times. Granted, the Hickory Forge flooring doesn't have the wow factor of a more shiny floor, but if you have children or dogs, it seems like an easy trade.

So, this post is for anyone in the future who is trying to decide whether to purchase Anderson Hickory Forge flooring. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the durability and easy-care nature of this flooring is outstanding.

• Lvssushi
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting your pics and opinions on Hickory Forge! I am considering the "Rushing Bellows" color of this floor and prefer to see real pictures of how this line looks versus the computer generated look. They are beautiful!

• Lori
    8 years ago

nerdyhousewife, What do you think of your Hickory Forge floors now that you've had them a couple of years? We are building a new home and thinking of either Hammer Glow or Ringing Anvil so I'm thrilled to come across your picture of the Hammer Glow!

• Sharon Perez
    7 years ago

Well have selected Hickory Forge in the color Hammered Glow in a new build that we are doing. Trying to visualize how cabinets stain in Olympic Deep Ebony would look with the Hammer Glow stain? Do anyone have dark ebony stained cabinetry and the Hammer Glow wood that they would care to share pictures of or thoughts on those two stains together. Thank you very much in advance!