Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oopsie913

small hall bath can I paint ceiling same as walls...............

oopsie913
9 years ago

considering The walls will be a medium dark willow Creek by Benjamin moore? vanity, mirror and small chandelier are whitish, floor is white so I really think its gonna look better all one color rather than a light ceiling but I need reassurance. :/

Comments (13)

• sundance510
    9 years ago

I think I can visualize it, but pictures would help.

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

I like non-white ceilings. I generally go with a color a bit lighter than the walls. When I googled BM Willow Creek, it showed a couple of colors that go well with it. I would use Gray Owl for the ceiling.

How high is the ceiling? What color is the door? Is there a window? The amount of light in the room will determine if you can get away with such a dark ceiling.

Since the room isn't big, you can paint it all one color, and change the ceiling if you hate it.

• oopsie913
    Original Author
    9 years ago

its a tiny room. Might be able to get a pic here. But there is fair light during day and pretty tall ceiling and a small sylight Will look up the other color that goes with it since I think Gray owl has a green to it i dont want TYTY

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

How about a complimentary color? BM has Willow Creek with Woodcliff Lake, which is a GORGEOUS color. How about painting the ceiling in Woodcliff Lake?

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Yes paint the ceiling the same, it will look great.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

If you're unsure...paint a piece of poster board first and tape it on the ceiling to see how you like it....leave it for a few days before you decide.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

As we speak, I'm having my guest bath ceiling painted the same color as the walls, SW Antique White. I have a south-facing window in the tub alcove and my ceilings are 9 ft.

When I had my entire interior painted 5 years ago, I chickened out in the first couple of rooms and had the ceilings painted white. It looks okay, but you see a white ceiling. In my hall and open space living area with vaulted ceiling, it would have been weird and difficult changing colors so I had it all painted the same. I love it. It envelopes the rooms. The light often makes the ceiling look lighter or darker. Sometimes the intersecting planes just disappear. That's my favorite look.

I say go for it and if you hate it, repaint it. I hate painting ceilings. :)

• Bunny
    9 years ago

For comparison, in decent light, here are my wall and trim colors. The ceiling of my bathroom used to be the same white as the trim.

Today the bathroom got painted, walls and ceiling the same color as the wall above. The shower alcove still needs to be tiled and the only light is from the south-facing window, which you can see at the very bottom of the following photo. It's hard to believe every surface is painted same color. The most accurate are the side walls. But if I didn't know better, I'd say the ceiling was painted white. So glad I went all the same color.

• oopsie913
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well actually the bath is ceiling and walls iced lavender and halls are pale oak walls and ceiling. But they are pale colors. But i am brave and imma gonna try it but will look at that complimentary color first. Thanks all

• 1929Spanish
    9 years ago

We did this in our 5'x7' bathroom and I love it.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

We did it in a very light color. Actually this is the 2nd time we did it in this bathroom.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

I love how it makes the ceiling/wall demarcation lines disappear.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I did it with a medium blue.

Also, more pics:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: more pics of ceiling and wall the same color