Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Kmcg: Pics of BM paint and Bosp

ttodd
14 years ago

Here are the 3 BM colors I sampled and am going w/ along w/ a sample of the Bosp Flax that you req.:

BM Ivory Porcelain (central hall):

BM Jonesboro Cream (office):

BM Strathmore Manor (LR):

You were right on about the Bosp w/ the Jonesboro Cream. It is perfection and I love it w/ the Strathmore Manor too. Although I will miss my beloved Baby Turtle the Strathmore Manor is sooooooo close in color and tone that I think I'll be okay. I believe that I will be making the interior colors more buyer friendly & I don't feel as though I am sacrificing my love/ need of a deep rich TV room color.

I can not wait to get going on the black kitchen and ceiling. I picked SW Caviar as it has the lowest LRV (light reflective value - thank you to whomever taught me about that here!) and is the warmest black that I found.

These paint colors appeal to me enough that I will use them as a starting point for all of the cottage walls in the downstairs. I will also confess to liking the Jonesboro Cream and Strathmore Manor so much w/ the Bosp that I could see me wanting all Bosp curtains (again!) in the downstairs at the cottage when we move. I have determined though that if it is in the stars for me that when we move if I'm still feeling that yearning and IF enough yardage is still available and IF I have the time to sew them and IF I have the money in the budget to but all of that yardage THEN and ONLY THEN will I go for it. Fate hasn't steered me wrong yet - only impulsiveness has!

Bosp Flax:

Or I will consider Waverly Vintage Tea Stain (much less expensive) and it would be a very classic look of which I could introduce any other color at any time. I'd trim it out w/ black pom pom fringe. Okay - I'll probably go w/ this one:

If anyone is wondering about these colors thay are all off of the same color card from BM.

Comments (4)

• msrose
    14 years ago

Ugh! I just wrote a long message and lost it, so I'll try and write a condensed version since it's time to leave for work. My mother has been working on curtains for my bedroom out of the same bosporus. I ordered some paint samples the other day and I'm probably going to use Sandy Hook Gray if it's not too dark. I love the warm colors you're looking at also. The other fabric is beautiful also. I love BM Yorkshire Tan and it looks like it might go with that fabric.

Laurie

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

ttodd, Thankyou! Your new palette is lovely. Love the Ivory porcelain! Looks like a beautiful warm white. The jonesboro looks to have green in it? They all look beautiful. I really like the Waverly toile as well. It couln't go any better with your color choices. Good luck with your cottage. Thanks again.

• redbazel
    14 years ago

I don't seem to have a chip of the Jonesboro. And right now I have a sample of the Bosporus in the more intense colorway. I'm trying to redo my kitchen soon and want to lose the red, go for floor length drapes maybe in the toile and do a wall color that works with the warm tones in there, as well as bouncing off my Northampton Putty DR and the BT in the LR. Also. And here is the rub. I have that paisley chair in my kitchen. I chose the fabric to work with the red walls and the Forever Yours fabric in Merlot that is used for the London Shade. So..........whatever fabric needs to work with the chair. I have no other spot for this chair. Unless I switch it out with another chair.
    Oh dear...........lost my train of thought. What I wanted to ASK.....what color really is the jonesboro? Cream? Light Brown? What? How would it look connecting to the cabinets that are flanked by my Baby Turtle?

Red

Here is a link that might be useful: View into kitchen

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

All the colors look nice but I do like the Ivory Porcelain wiht that beautiful curtain fabric.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County