Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brick fireplace and pine panelling --- yes

Posted by nosoccermom (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 9:18

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brick fireplace and pine panelling --- yes

I love that too. I love windows next to fireplaces. The paneling and rusticity of that room remind me of my living room (below). Door to the right of the FP goes into a charming 1/2 bath w/skirted tiny corner sink and the same paneling on the walls.

Beware, though, rooms like these: they have to be painted by hand, no rolling ,because of the paneling. It's a bear to do! And I want to repaint my LR next fall, some kind of soft gold or golden yellow color to make it even cozier feeling.

Love, love, love the Dutch door in your room, too! And the tree table. I bet you love my torn upholstery on my grandfather's chair! Watch that envy, ladies!

o

Lovely rooms very refreshing and clean. Why no rolling? I always use a roller on my paneling.

o

LOOOOOOOVE the bedside tables! And the kitchen!

o

I really like this! So pretty, so comfy, so bright. Just great!

o

I like it too. I also don't understand why some people can't wait to drywall over a nice brick fireplace.....it makes no sense to me, replacing a more permanent, costly material with something cheaper.

o

o

Thank you for posting. I like it. And the soapstone countertop and backsplash is helpful for me in visualizing a possibility for our kitchen remodel!

o

I love a brick fireplace, too. It saddens me when the HGTV shows go into those old fixer-uppers and cover up the original fireplace. I'm always attracted to the "before" fireplace.

o

The article said that all the original paneling was covered up with drywall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here