Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor Crypton

Posted by lascatx (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 9:10

I've seen Crypton mentioned for indoor furniture a few times. Has anyone used the outdoor version? I'm wondering if it would be suitable to make sling replacements for chaise and chaises. I am also questioning whether this is a project I want to take on, but it doesn't seem that hard -- just a lot of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor Crypton

Hi,

I happened to be at a fabric store and I asked this question. The lay said that she prefers only Sunbrella for the outdoor cushions and said that she has not seen any long term usage of the outdoor cryton. Hope this is useful to you.

o

Thanks for letting me know. I sent an email to the manufacturer through their customer service and have heard nothing. I have been looking at Sunbrella for pillows or cushions and the more weblike fabric you see most slings made of (don't know what to call it other than sling fabric) and trying to find good options that go together. I've had the beige and black for years and would really like to add some color for a change, but the options are mostly beiges. I was wondering if Crypton would work, but I suspect it's name comes more from the treatment of the surface for water and stain resistance than for overall strength and durability in a heavier duty application.

o

Lascatx, try Fabricguru perhaps for more color choices in the outdoor mesh fabric?

Here is a link that might be useful: outdoor sling fabric at fabricguru

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here