Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texashottie

Does anyone know where I can find this....

texashottie
13 years ago

... fabric from Ballard Designs? I am heartbroken that they don't have anymore for me!!

They had it on sale too---you can't beat that price!! But I'm wondering if I can't find it somewhere else... I don't know the manufacturer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Bird Toile

Comments (14)

• texashottie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just called their customer service and they said they will not be getting anymore of this fabric. I asked her who the manufacturer is and she said they are bound by contract not to release that information. Grrr!

• amysrq
    13 years ago

I find that people working in the stores often know more than the people on the CS phones. I would call the stores and the outlets. They might have more info or even some of the fabric. I wonder if there might be some clues on the selvage. I love to get someone on the phone and enroll them in my quest, butter them up a bit and throw it out as a challenge. I have had some amazing luck this way, with fabric and sometimes furniture. Give it a shot.

Here is a link that might be useful: stores and outlets

• msrose
    13 years ago

Well that's stupid. I can see them not wanting to tell you the mfg if they were still selling it, but what's the big deal if they're no longer going to to carry it? I can see why you love it so much and I hope you're able to find it.

Laurie

• texashottie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Amy! I called a few stores and finally one of the salesmen told me that it was Covington. Ha! I should have known---I have other Covington toile in my house and the flora is very similar. I did track down less than a yard out of state, but I'm going to keep looking to find more yardage. Thank you!!

• tuesday_2008
    13 years ago

Betcha my3dogs can find it! LOL

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Betcha she can too Tuesday. When it comes to dishes and fabric my3dogs has lots of sourses.

• yayagal
    13 years ago

Lots of covington fabric on ebay, check them out.

• texashottie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have been on Ebay and other sites looking for it and I have come up empty-handed!! I checked with a local fabric store who has an account with Covington, but she said it would be Monday before she could look it up and price it for me. Fingers crossed that she doesn't mark it up crazy. If Ballards can sell it for $8 and still make a profit... I'll have a hard time paying much more for it.

• patty_cakes
    13 years ago

Texashottie, this one has a bird in it, but don't know if it's the same pattern. I found it on what used to be American Blind and Wallpaper, but is now called Decorate Today. The smaller picture on the right is the fabric, but when blown up looks to be the same as the wallpaper.

Here ya go...........

Here is a link that might be useful: fabric

• texashottie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Patty, thank you! It's a little different, but an excellent alternative if I don't locate the other. Thank you for looking for me!!

• catkin
    13 years ago

Take a look at this one @ warehousefabricsinc.com. Type Cavanaugh Persimmon in the search box. It's similar but the bird is different. HTH!

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Great lead! I would now call Covington in NY.

I did this years ago with some outdoor fabric I found at a furniture store. First I called the manufacturer in CA to get the name of the fabric mill. I called the fabric HQ in NY where a woman loved my story (I wanted the fabric for a boat we were planning to live aboard) and she looked through their records to see who they'd shipped it to. She suggested I call a certain discounter called Boca Bargoons. I called the warehouse for the discounter, talked to a sweet guy who actually went through the warehouse and found the fabric for me. It was quite distinctive and he found it in both colorways! Anyway, yours is pretty distinctive, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: can't hurt to try

• texashottie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Catkin! That's really pretty too! I'll keep it mind---it might be a bit too fancy for my project.

amy, thanks for checking in again. I'm waiting on my local store to get some info back from Covington, or at least I can get the name of the fabric off of them. Then I'll try calling NY. Your replies encouraged me to pick up the phone and beat the bush a bit---I needed that. Thanks!

• catkin
    13 years ago

You're welcome, TH!