Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beantownrenovator

blue/grey paint color?

beantownrenovator
15 years ago

Hi All - I'm looking for a great blue paint that is muted to match with grey. I plan to do the opposite of this room (blue walls, grey fabrics) and would love some ideas. thanks so much as always.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (20)

• beantownrenovator
    Original Author
    15 years ago

this tech saavy 27 year old just figured out how to get the picture in here - sorry!

• mcps
    15 years ago

What about Ellen Kennon, Gaustavian Grey?
    www.ellenkennon.com

• amysrq
    15 years ago

I'd second that. Or F&B Light Blue.

• ttodd
    15 years ago

I really like Valspar Silverware (it's what I painted our boys rm.) so peaceful & serene w/o being cold. Their colors in the rm. are red, white & blue but when I originally painted it a yr. or so ago the only other accent color was crisp white & I thought that I'd move into the rm it was so lovely. Very grown up & sophisticated color.

Another favorite of mine is MS Mercury Glass a warm grey/ blue w/ lavander tones underneath. It is very close to Silverware. Unfortunately these are old colors & while they can still be mixed & chips viewed at Lowes (Valspar) or Sears (MS).

Maybe check out BM Nightmist. I've seen that color used w/ grown up blues & greys very successfully.

The rm. you are planning sounds lovely.

• Rudebekia
    15 years ago

I used SW "Breezy" in my bedroom and master bath and love it. I had it tweaked at the shop to bring out more of the blue/gray than greenish tones.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

SW's Misty. It's a silver blue. I used it because I wanted to use silver and white accents in the room. If you want a silver blue you'll love this. Here is a photo. I'll try to get better ones now that all the door casings, etc. are going up.

• ttodd
    15 years ago

Here is the Valspar Silverware:

I think that the MS Mercury Glass is slightly less blue.

I don't have a pic yet of Mercury Glass as it is in swatches all over my house.

• amck2
    15 years ago

I have BM Sterling in my lakehouse bathrooms. It's grey with undertones of blue. I have white beadboard wainscotting and this shade offers nice contrast while still maintaining a neutral quality - neither too grey or blue.

Sorry, no camera here today or I would send pictures -

• beantownrenovator
    Original Author
    15 years ago

these are all wonderful ideas - thank you so much as always. i'm going to be busy testing them. i'll let you know what i decide.

• msrose
    15 years ago

bestyears - Can you post your pictures here. I'd love to see also.

Laurie

• nanjean68
    15 years ago

I like BM Nantucket fog AC-22 and Yarmouth blue HC-150. Both gray blue.

• nicole1229
    15 years ago

I've used a blue/gray by Porter Paints called "Birch Tint" in two bedrooms with two different color schemes. It's a versatile color that will read more blue or more gray depending on what colors you pair it with. I had it with grays in one room and greens in another, and I was happy with how it came out both times.

• Rudebekia
    15 years ago

Here's the tweaked SW Breezy:

{{!gwi}}

• babs711
    15 years ago

marita40, that is a gorgeous shade of blue!!!

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Here are a few pics from our master bed and bath using SW Silver Mist 1619

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Brutuses, I love the SW Misty silver blue so much! Thanks for sharing. Marita40, I love the SW Breezy blue color walls. Ttodd, I love the Valspar Silverware on your walls. Bestyears, I love your Master Bathroom so much with the SW Silver Mist looking perfect in that room.

• debbiedoes
    15 years ago

Ellen Kennon's new 'Christine's Cloud' is alot like Gustavian Grey but more blue-gray with no green undertones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellen Kennon's webiste

• beantownrenovator
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oooo thanks debbie -- one more sample to order from ellen!

• beantownrenovator
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I haven't decided on my color yet, but a great blog I read just did a feature on light blue paints. thought it would be helpful for anyone thinking about these colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: remodelista pale blue paints