|We are in the midst of a big refresh of the main floor of our house. We are refinishing floors, and repainting. We replaced the popcorn ceiling in the sitting room, and will be painting SW Sassy Green, a lighter, fresher shade of green than we have now in the photos. We'll keep the wainscoting the same, but doors and trim will be SW Blonde. |
Originally my DH wanted a white ceiling, but this morning(!) he said maybe we should paint it a warmer shade. I would love color suggestions as it took weeks to come up the the colors. We are hoping to be painting by Thursday and we have already purchased the rest of the paint.
|SW Buckram Binding...a light beige in their Arts and Crafts Palette. We have white oak floors like yours and wainscoting like yours. this ceiling color works well.|
|SW Dover White (their most popular off white) or SW Alabaster would go well with your wall choices. Both of them are warm whites and are light and airy. |
My first choice with the Blonde and Sassy Green would be Dover White - it's got a very delicate touch of yellow/gold in it.
But Alabaster has a lot of fans as well.
Get Color To Go Samples, paint some foam or poster board and tape it up on the ceiling to see what you like best.
|Thanks randita and jmc01, I will check out Dover White and Buckram Binding today. Got the floor sanded yesterday and we will be going with a clear finish so it will look less yellow this time. |
This forum is so helpful with this info, and the paint swatch book has too, too many choices!
|Thanks for the advice. We ended up with SW Jersey Cream for the ceilings. I was worried as it went on really yellow, but mellowed out nicely and looks great with the green.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here