Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Offer on House!!

amykath
10 years ago

I have been working super hard to get my house ready to sell. I had a horrible renter in the house for the last year and a half. I had to spend a great deal of time and effort to undo all of the damage he did.

Well I decorated it and got out my nice camera and my realtor put it on the market yesterday at 5:00 and we had a full price cash offer by 9:00! Fingers crossed this goes through. If it does we close in 11 days and all of this will be behind me. Woo Hoo!

Here are a few shots.

Comments (70)

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Great job! It looks better than a model home.

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow! You guys are booting my ego!

The color is a sort of gray green tan. I actually mixed it myself so have no name for it other than Amy's take on Greige. Haha

Here is what it looked like when I first bought it.

• bostoned
    10 years ago

Ak, I rarely comment unless I'm impressed...and I'm impressed. May I ask where you found the ottoman and counter stools?

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for commenting Eroz! The stools are from Overstock and the ottoman was bought many years ago from a garage sale.

• annzgw
    10 years ago

The artwork makes that room! Is than an original over the fireplace? LOVE it!

• donnamp14
    10 years ago

Stunning! What a great job you did. Lucky you on the quick sale, and lucky buyer.
    -Donna

• awm03
    10 years ago

Such happy news! Congrats on a job well done.

What's next for you, ak? Looking forward to seeing your future projects.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Looks gorgeous! I love the tufted chair. Could you share where you got it?

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ns, believe it or not I got it at TJ Maxx for 199. ðÂÂÂ

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

You did exactly what you needed to do to sell your house, make it picture perfect! It's gorgeous......congratulations! ;o)

• demifloyd
    10 years ago

Beautiful job--I'm not surprised it sold so quickly.

You have great taste--love the window treatment, furniture is perfect scale.

• MiMi
    10 years ago

The house and everything in it is just fabulous!... I love the painting with the sail boat in it, my eyes just keeps going there...It's just perfect...

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Why can't I find these things at TJMaxx?

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No soccer, I usually am never so lucky. I just happened to luck out that day!

Funny about the painting. I got that for 90 at Home Goods.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Wow & congratulations on your fast sale. I remember when you did the kitchen too. Did you have to replace anything because the kitchen still looks great.

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

Wow, I am not surprised you got an offer so quickly it looks like a brand new model home. I'd love to see more photos!!

That dramatic ceiling and windows are just gorgeous to start with but you took it from a promising shell to a gorgeous home.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

It looks beautiful, congrats on the offer!!!!

• Faux68
    10 years ago

So well done! Congratulations. I am sure it feels good to have this behind you.

Now, a different question. What camera did you get?

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

awm, We are going to be building a new house on some land we just purchased. Guess I will be spending some time in the Building forum!

Faux, my camera is a Canon Rebel T3i DSLR and I used a Canon wide angle lens. Most importantly I used my tripod! I have shaky hands.

• loribee
    10 years ago

It's gorgeous, Amy. Good for you!! :)

• cooperbailey
    10 years ago

No wonder you got a full price offer! It is warm and says welcome home, friend!

• natebear zone 10B
    10 years ago

WOW, Amy! That's a home run! Congratulations. :)

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Beautiful transformation! That is one beautiful home done, home run! Congratulations! Looks like a place one would miss, even with brighter horizons ahead.

• User
    10 years ago

Just stunning. Everything looks perfect. I am so glad you were able to get an offer so quickly. If I were selling my home I would have you stage it in a heartbeat. You have a wonderful eye for detail.

The home next door to us went on the market mid May and was shown only 3 times in the first week. They had it FSBO for way over what anyone in our area ever ever gets for a home. The 3 lookers got into a bidding war ! The owners got well over what they were asking. The house is pristine as is the landscaping. Just goes to show that looks and style do matter as well as location. c

• shelayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations!

It is beautiful, and I am not surprised someone snatched that up so quickly! Talk about move-in ready, I would be sitting at the end of your driveway ready to stake claim, before the ink even dried. ;)

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you ALL so much from the bottom of my heart!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Aktillery, I LOVE your home. I love the size of the rooms, high ceilings and especially the way you decorated it. If I had the funds, I would have made an offer right away also! Can you give me details of your hardwood floors? They are beautiful! I also love your artwork!

• SaraKat
    10 years ago

lots of wow factor there! Looks beautiful. Congrats on selling the house and at full asking!!! Great!

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

yay! You've done a great job creating a welcoming, cozy space. I love all the natural light the living room gets and you did a great job showcasing the windows with the window treatments.

Congrats on the full price offer -- I'm not surprised one bit, it shows beautifully!

• User
    10 years ago

It really looks beautiful. I was just thinking how nice it looks and would want all the furnishings too!

Congrats on the fast offer!

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks you guys!

Lynn,

Here is a link to where I got the floors. They are engineered hardwood. The ones I have are on the second row middle. They are the Lepacho. It is a stained oak.

Here is a better photo to show the floors

Here is a link that might be useful: Hardwood Floors

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more that shows the floors

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

aktillery, Your Lapacho Floors are so gorgeous and look great with all the light your home gets and the size of the rooms. It is not a stained Oak but a stained Maple which is what it looked like to me but handscraped. I love how this wood looks in your home. It really is the perfect choice.

Maple is harder than Oak so that is good. The new owners probably love the floors also. I have currently wide plank floors that look wonderful in my family room that has a lot of floor showing but I don't like the way they look in my home office as Brazilian Cherry needs variation in color to look like Brazilian Cherry. But maybe your floors I should find a place that would have a sample I could bring home since it is a different species and has variation but not like the Brazilian Cherry. I truly love the floor you chose for the home you sold as it fits the decor, the big windows and open spaces. Just gorgeous! You have impeccable taste!

Additional Information about your Lapacho wide board floors that I copied and pasted from the website that you gave.

Square Feet Per Carton

Board Height
    1/2"

Board Width
    6-3/8"

Board Length
    47-5/8"

Edge Design
    Micro-Beveled

Surface Design
    Hand-scraped

Wood Species
    Maple

Janka Hardness Rating

• itltrot
    10 years ago

I remember seeing the kitchen pictures before. Amazing house. Come to OK and decorate my house? ;-)

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, first buyers fell through. Got a second and they offered even more than my asking price and then decided they wanted another house. Got a third offer and it fell through because she wanted an insane amount of money to get a new AC. My condo is only 1425 sq ft and I am selling for 240,000 in Austin. She wanted for me to give her 11,500 for a new HVAC system. So, we are back on the market for the 4th time! My house must have mojo!!!!!

cry....

• finallyhome
    10 years ago

Were did you get the bed? It is exactly what I'm looking for.

Wonderful job on the decorating. Did you buy the furniture for staging or renting?

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

You are in a great area, so I will keep all crossables crossed a good offer will come your way soon. Good luck!

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finally, 75% is mine and the rest I bought or borrowed. No rentals

I got the bed years ago from CL.

Thanks Gs! I hope!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I am so sorry about the sales falling through. Your condo is gorgeous and I bet it sells soon.

I have a question about your floor too. Your link went to a page of several sample colors. The middle one in the second row is Vintage Couture 1/2" x 6-3/8" Handscraped Black Walnut Engineered Hardwood. But that doesn't match what lynn posted. Which one is it?

• pps7
    10 years ago

Sorry the offers fell through. The condo looks terrific and I love Austin. Hope a great offer comes your way soon.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Let's hope that the next offer will be the highest by far. It definitely looks lovely!

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the kind words!

Martin, hope this link works. I have Lepacho oak hand scraped engineered wood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hardwood

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Handscraped Lapacho Maple Engineered Hardwood your link says like I thought since it looks like Maple to me which I like. Aktillery, I love your floors!

• lascatx
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear you've had a couple of offers fall through, but you are right -- that amount for an air conditioner is insane. I have been living without AC for a week in Houston -- including 109 temps yesterday and still waiting for installation later this week. None of my bids on total system replacements for 2500 sq ft have been that high. We are upgrading to a two stage system with essentially wireless computerized controls and it won't be that much.

The place looks so good and the market is heating up there as well as hear from what I have heard (house next door to us just sold for at least $100K over the appraised value from the last tax assessment and one around the corner even higher). They had a full price offer the first day or two -- and then they wanted to renegotiate the price before they even got to inspections. The buyers threatened to go around the corner and buy the house that was listed about $50K higher (the only other house on the market in our neighborhood), so our neighbors said go ahead. They had other offers very quickly (as will you again) and the nutty buyers didn't get either house. I think we got better neighbors in the deal too. ;-)

I don't think the house has bad mojo. I think you haven't found the buyer who is right yet. Hope you have one who isn't playing games as quickly as I hope to have new AC. :-D

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Lynn! They are actually oak! They look like maple though

Lascatx, that is very kind of you to say! Thanks for the pep talk. I have someone going to look at it today. I hope they are normal. haha
    I cannot imagine living without AC in Houston or anywhere in Texas! I sure hope you can get a new one soon! You poor thing!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Aktillery, It is just confusing because they look like maple floors and the descriptions says maple. They are very beautiful floors.

I feel you will sell your beautiful home soon. You just need the right buyer who will appreciate such a beautiful home. My neighbor just sold for $3,000 over asking and his price has been on the Market for about 1.5 weeks.

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Las, It does say Maple! Guess mine were discontinued but they look identical. Super strange.

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Had the inspection today. Have yet to see report but was told it went well and there are only a couple of little things on the report. Yay!

A house in my condo association went on the market today. They want 12,000 more than mine. For fun, take a look. It is interesting to see what people do with the same layout. Looks like the tore out some cabinets and reconfigured as well. I like it. However, I think it would have looked better with furniture in it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Neighbor's House for Sale

• lascatx
    10 years ago

You are right -- it would look better with furniture, but it should show pretty well -- especially when they have the listing photos of yours to show how well it can be furnished. ;-) If they have problems selling, maybe you can help them stage it.

They are going to get kitchen comments too -- but I think the tiles, especially the counter tiles will be the focus of the comments. The grout can be changed, but that's such an obvious cut corner.where yours looks rich. Looks like a nice place to live.

Not surprised the inspection was pretty clean. They have to find something though. Hope the buyer is reasonable with the inspection results and things continue smoothly. :-)

• amykath
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Las! Inspection went well and we are now fully under contract. I do have to replace my AC and hot water heater. I knew I would be doing the AC as it is over 20 years old and breaks ALL of the time. I will just be glad when this whole thing is completed!!

I definitely think I jinxed myself. I have always had fabulous luck when selling a house and I thought this one would go right away. That is what you get for being too cocky!