Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southb_gw

Which sheets to buy with this duvet?

SouthB
9 years ago

This is the duvet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R59QCE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm buying the mocha color.

I don't want to buy the same color sheets, so I'm stuck between the white sheets

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KHO0OI/ref=twister_B000GWJZPS

and this beige

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KHO0OI/ref=twister_B000GWJZPS

What do y'all think? And thoughts on the duvet?

This post was edited by SouthB on Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 13:13

Comments (13)

• Sujafr
    9 years ago

Just thought I'd ask if you're aware that the item shown in your first link is a duvet cover and shams, and does not include the duvet itself even though the description says it is a duvet? (A duvet is the comforter that fits inside a duvet cover, and the Q&A section points tells the actual contents of the set.)

Also you may want to make sure that this size will fit whatever duvet you get or have since it looks like this one runs rather small and may not have enough overhang for your mattress.

I'd go with white sheets personally but I like the clean look of them.

• SouthB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm new to buying these things myself so no I didn't know. I thought it came with what is showed in the photo lol.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

I think either would look nice with the bedding, or if you're wanting to introduce an accent color, you could look for something contrasting or a print with the mocha in it.

This post was edited by olychick on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 15:53

• SouthB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The other color was taupe, sorry. I could only post one picture in the original post so I just decided not to post anything lol.

Thank you for your input!

• Olychick
    9 years ago

sorry, the pic didn't show up for me so I reposted it. :) But now I can see yours, too.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

If it were me, I'd buy natural colored 100% linen sheets in a tan or off-white shade.

• SouthB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the responses everyone,

@Violet West, I looked up linen sheets and the ones I found were too expensive.

• SouthB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the responses everyone,

@Violet West, I looked up linen sheets and the ones I found were too expensive.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I'd go for an off white or light beige.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

White. White, white, white. You can never go wrong with white, IMO. They always look crisp and cool and clean and go with everything.

• SouthB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Again, than's yall. I think I'm going with the light beige.

This post was edited by SouthB on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 10:48

• violetwest
    9 years ago

yes, I know -- not cheap. but fabulous!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

IKEA has inexpensive linen duvet covers and sheets. Costco also has excellent prices on high quality sheets.