Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which sheets to buy with this duvet?

Posted by SouthB (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 4:30

This is the duvet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R59QCE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm buying the mocha color.

I don't want to buy the same color sheets, so I'm stuck between the white sheets

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KHO0OI/ref=twister_B000GWJZPS

and this beige

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KHO0OI/ref=twister_B000GWJZPS

What do y'all think? And thoughts on the duvet?

This post was edited by SouthB on Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 13:13

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which sheets to buy with this duvet?

Just thought I'd ask if you're aware that the item shown in your first link is a duvet cover and shams, and does not include the duvet itself even though the description says it is a duvet? (A duvet is the comforter that fits inside a duvet cover, and the Q&A section points tells the actual contents of the set.)

Also you may want to make sure that this size will fit whatever duvet you get or have since it looks like this one runs rather small and may not have enough overhang for your mattress.

I'd go with white sheets personally but I like the clean look of them.

o

I'm new to buying these things myself so no I didn't know. I thought it came with what is showed in the photo lol.

o

I think either would look nice with the bedding, or if you're wanting to introduce an accent color, you could look for something contrasting or a print with the mocha in it.

This post was edited by olychick on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 15:53

o

The other color was taupe, sorry. I could only post one picture in the original post so I just decided not to post anything lol.

Thank you for your input!

o

sorry, the pic didn't show up for me so I reposted it. :) But now I can see yours, too.

o

If it were me, I'd buy natural colored 100% linen sheets in a tan or off-white shade.

o

Thanks for the responses everyone,

@Violet West, I looked up linen sheets and the ones I found were too expensive.

o

Thanks for the responses everyone,

@Violet West, I looked up linen sheets and the ones I found were too expensive.

o

I'd go for an off white or light beige.

o

White. White, white, white. You can never go wrong with white, IMO. They always look crisp and cool and clean and go with everything.

o

Again, than's yall. I think I'm going with the light beige.

This post was edited by SouthB on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 10:48

o

yes, I know -- not cheap. but fabulous!

o

IKEA has inexpensive linen duvet covers and sheets. Costco also has excellent prices on high quality sheets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here