|I posted this in the building forum but have not gotten a response. Maybe one of you guys know? I am half thinking about just doing a single door knob on my french doors at this point. |
I am interested in putting some vintage door knobs on my french doors. I found these mortise lock conversion kits that I think will work...but with french doors you need one side to be a "dummy" correct? How would I make a vintage knob a dummy? Glue it to a backplate (rosette) so it can't turn? Most dummies I have seen on modern knobs have the circle rosettes, I am wondering if I can somehow make it work with a rectangular back plate...they are much more interesting...
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here