Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bixa525_gw

Show me your powder room please

bixa525
13 years ago

Need ideas for paint and decorating. Thanks!

Comments (12)

• fnmroberts
    13 years ago

Here's ours with some before and after shots. The room was updated about 3 years ago. Some informational comments have been added below the photos.

If you follow the my page link you may wish to see our guest bath too which was updated this past winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Powder Room

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Before:
    Many original fixtures, leaking toilet with rotted subfloor, what I referrd to as the "gas station bathroom sink"

After:
    Paint: Valspar Timber Dust, JCP towel racks, towels, and wood blinds, tiles from Lowe's, Moen ORB faucet

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Mine is probably too regional for you, but I'm posting it to show you how I've added a lot of different art in there Nothing was expensive, but I like how interesting it makes this tiny room.
    The mirror was custom made for us by a Santa Fe artist, along with other punched tin mirror frames, light fixtures and cabinet doors in our house, but any large interesting frame might hold a mirror. Ours has inserts of handwoven fabric behind the glass. The sink is Talavera from Mexico and so is all the tile. Not so expensive here, as we're so close to Mexico and everyone out here uses it. Wall color is Mt. Rainier White, which is actually a warm cream that works well with Talavera tile. Picture of the 3 santos (saints) is actually an old window, reverse painted, that I bought from a roadside artist for $30 many years ago.
    Lynn
    {{!gwi}}

This was a garage sale find and it's fun to change out the stuff on it.

• sis3
    13 years ago

Ours was inspired by two dramatic photos of lightning over water by a local artist. The wall color is Ellen Kennon's 'Dean's Dream'. It's a blue that is so dark it is almost black. The room is lit by tiny black spot lights and the two 'raindrop' sconces. The vessel sink and faucet are called "Storm".

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Sis, I love your innovative powder room! The framed photos are beautiful and work perfectly with the wall color, sink and sconces. How are you liking your vessel sink? Is it hard to keep the area around the base of it clean?
    Lynn

• redroze
    13 years ago

Here you go! It was the first room we decorated 4 years ago so it doesn't quite fit the style of the rest of our house, but I kinda like having a "surprising" powder room. The only things missing are a better light fixture (this outdoor one gives out barely any light) and an art gallery wall of black and white photos on the painted, empty wall to give people something to look at.

• gobruno
    13 years ago

Here's ours!

• DLM2000-GW
    13 years ago

I love all the different looks - a powder room is a safe place to be a bit more daring if you want. Here's ours.

I wanted a bit of drama, hence the black beadboard and trim. Wall color is Ben Mo Monterey White, paintings on the right came from Goodwill online, I took them apart, painted the fames and matts, the Capodimonte plaques belonged to my grandmother, made the curtain and tieback then hung them on knobs from Anthropologie.

• antiquesilver
    13 years ago

Sis, I want your powder room!!!

• sis3
    13 years ago

Thank you so much Lynn and antiquesilver! I always enjoy photos of your home, Lynn. I can imagine being there, it seems to sit so comfortably in its surroundings. I love your powder room and your enclosed garden!

Our vessel sink works fine, probably because the faucet is designed to work with it, so no splashing. Keeping the base clean is a snap, there are no awkward places and it sits on easily cleaned granite.

• bixa525
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, some beautiful poweder rooms. I like a more modern style and was wondering if anyone did their powder room in a limeish green or orangy color?

• sumnerfan
    13 years ago

Gobruno, is that white strip near the top of your wall paint or some type of molding? Love your bathroom.