Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kobes51

Grand baby's Nursery

badgergal
10 years ago

My first grandchild is due in 10 days. My daughter and her husband decided to wait and be surprised in regards to the baby's sex so they had to come up with a gender neutral nursery.

They love the great outdoors so used that as basis for their theme. They knew they wanted a tree on the wall. They scoured the internet for neutral bedding with nature/animals on it. They did not want unnatural or cartoon like animals. The bedding they found is Kidsline Willow Organic

A professional painter friend took on the challenge of coordinating the walls with the bedding. He free-hand painted the tree, grasses and birds on the walls.

Once the baby's name is known, its first and last initial will be put in the other two frames hanging from the tree. The room is only 10x10 and they still need to put away some of their shower gifts but overall, I think it looks great.

Here are a few shots of the room:

Oh, and check out the cute diaper cake and decorations that her MIL made for the shower

Diaper Cake

Flowers made from baby wash clothes

Napkins folded into little baby gowns

And this basket of goodies. MIL made the burb cloths so they would coordinate with the chosen color theme.

This post was edited by badgergal on Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 9:04

Comments (51)

• daisychain01
    10 years ago

Lucky grand baby. What a beautiful space to spend your first years in.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

What a lovely room to welcome the little one. So well done!

• allison0704
    10 years ago

Such a pretty nursery! Congratulations on your first grandbaby! Your life will never be the same. :)

• User
    10 years ago

That is a wonderful welcoming space for the new baby! Congratulations ! c

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Congratulation! Wishing you all the best.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

What a great job. Are the window treatments part of the bedding line? They match so well. Is that a balloon floating in one corner? Couldn't quite figure that out. The artist did a fabulous job.

Kind of looks more like a boy's room to me, but maybe they will "pink" it up if the baby is a girl. Congrats on the new grandchild, boy or girl!

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Adorable all the way around...room, shower decorations, etc...and how nice they are going to be "surprised"...not many couples go that route anymore. I never wanted to know...my kids were all born in the mid 80's and it wasn't perfected yet, but I could have found out and chose not to...one of life's few great surprises!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

So cute, and many great ideas! My daughter had the Jenny Lind changing table for my grandson, who is now 5. Brings back memories ... :)

• badgergal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for compliments and well wishes.

Yayagal, My daughter is 28. Her grandmother is 92 and they are very close. Great grandma is busy finishing up a special blanket that is similar to the one her mother had made for my daughter when she was born. We have lived through the saddest time of our lives when we lost a son to cancer 8 years ago so we are ready for the happiest time that is just around the corner.

Dedtired, Yes the window valence was part of the bedding line and that is a ballon in the corner that had been attached to a shower gift. It and the floor lamp have both been removed from the room. It is difficult to find gender neutral bedding. If it is a girl I am pretty sure pink will find its way into the room before long.

• crl_
    10 years ago

Lovely room!

• nini804
    10 years ago

Darling!! They did an amazing job! Best wishes on the arrival of your new love.

• Laurie
    10 years ago

I love that baby room! Really nice painting job.
    Thanks for sharing the diaper cake and other shower decorations...it gives me some good ideas for an upcoming shower : )

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Lovely room, and congrats on the new arrival.
    I can't see it properly, but if there are bolsters or bumpers in the crib, they should be removed.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Very cute and whimsical! Best wishes to you and your family.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

The nursery is wonderful, and the shower decorations are adorable. I love how they layered the two colored cloths for the flowers.

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

Beautiful nursery, and I just love the shower decorations!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

It is absolutely darling, as were the shower decorations and gifts! Absolutely perfect way to welcome little baby into the world!!!!

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Love it all, and I love that there are still those who wait (like we did) to find out the baby's gender until the birth. It is the last great secret.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Back in the olden days, we bought everything in yellow and green, not knowing the gender. I made a blanket to bring home my second child and brought both blue and pink trim to the hospital to sew on after the baby was born. I used the blue! That also was back in the days when you were in the hospital for several days to recover.

I love this little nursery. Very sweet.

• badgergal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks again everyone. We are now one day closer to the arrival. My daughter has the carseat installed and a bag backed with a boy outfit and a girl outfit. It's so exciting.

Nosoccermom, Thank you for your concern regarding bumper pads. They were included in the bedding set but are just there for show right now. My daughter will be removing them when the baby starts sleeping in the bed.
    There certainly is a lot more awareness and education about safety issues these days.

I will let you all know in the near future whether I have a grandson or granddaughter.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Congrats badgergal! The nursery is so well done. Being Nana is the best part of my life. Wishing you all joy and happiness!

• badgergal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well I was able to put my grandbaby's initials up today.

Most everyone had their money on a boy but it was Madelyn Kate that made her appearance this Father's Day afternoon. Here she is 20 minutes old. Couldn't believe how awake and alert she was and talking to us already!

• maddielee
    10 years ago

She's beautiful! Congratulations to all!

ML

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Congrats Badgergal. My laptop is going wonky so I can't see Madelyn Kate's pic, but I am sure she is beautiful. I am so happy for you!

• Olychick
    10 years ago

She's going to love that room and you're going to love her more!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

So cute! Congratulations!!

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Love the nursery, and congratulations on your new arrival!! Everything looks great, thanks so much for sharing. Nothing like a baby to make the world look brighter!!

Beth p

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Best Father's Day gift ever! Congratulations! No doubt she will be spoiled rotten by her two grandmothers and that is how it should be. I am grinning ear to ear for you!

• ellendi
    10 years ago

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

That is one beautiful little girl. Congrats to you all .
    You are going to enjoy her so much.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

i was excited to see pics of the nursery, and then DELIGHTED to see the pics of the baby

OK, OK, its the baby, but the room is perfect in every way too. You enjoy that sweet little girl!

• ttodd
    10 years ago

Beautiful room, beautiful baby!

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Congratulations! My oldest grandchild is 4, but I tell all new grandmothers that the love you'll feel for your grandbaby will be right up there with the love you have for your child.

I'm so happy for you! The nursery is just beautiful. Do you live close to your daughter so you can spoil the baby regularly? I kind of get in trouble for it. hee hee.

• bbstx
    10 years ago

What a precious baby! Congratulations!

• bird_lover6
    10 years ago

Beautiful room and beautiful baby! Congratulations. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be a grandmother.

You will love your grandchild while watching your daughter lover her child. There is truly nothing like it.

• bird_lover6
    10 years ago

Beautiful room and beautiful baby! Congratulations. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be a grandmother.

You will love your grandchild while watching your daughter love her child. There is truly nothing like it.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

Beautiful new granddaughter and what a wonderful nursery she has to come home to! Big congratulations to you all!!!
    Lynn

• nhb22
    10 years ago

What a cute little girl and I love the nursery! So smart to go neutral and it will take only a few pops of pink to make the nursery girly.

I am also a new grandmother. Same initials, too! Our grandson was born almost a month early, but currently a healthy 8 week old. I am in love! We were recently in Europe for 3 weeks and I missed him terribly.

Our grandson is named after two great-grandfathers. Monroe Kelly. Roe for short. I never thought to post photos of his nursery, but maybe I will get around to it this evening ...if anyone is interested. His nursery is a seaside theme. No bumper pads. Makes the crib look kind of blah. So sad, but I guess it's the best to leave them off.

Congratulations!

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Congrats Badger! So neat she was born on Father's day. She is adorable and so is the nursery. I love the rug!

tina

• Irish2
    10 years ago

Congratulations! I have come back to look at these pics
    twice already. Just love the whole theme of her nursery...

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!

• badgergal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I guess I have posted too many picture this month so now they are being held hostage by photobucket. I don't have time now to fix the issue but I guess they will reappear at some point in time.

Meanwhile I want to thank everyone for your congratulations and formyou compliments.
    As I held my grandaughter today, I was thinking of that day 29 years ago that I first held her mother. I truly have been blessed and I am so grateful.

Sorry but I just can't resist posting one more picture

• springroz
    10 years ago

Awww. Thanks for putting this up, since I cannot see the other pics! She is a DOLL!!

Congratulations!!

Nancy

• dedtired
    10 years ago

What a lovely little girl. I'm sure she is the light of your life. I like her name very much. I hope she is enjoying her new nursery. Congratulations to the whole family.

• badgergal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just wanted to show you that the gender neutral nursery has been "pinkified" a bit since Madelyn Kate has arrived. (The bumper pads will be removed when she starts sleeping in the crib instead of her little bassinet.)

And just because she is getting more cuter by the day, here she is at 10 days old:

• jlj48
    10 years ago

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

She is just beautiful! Congrats to everyone!

Love the room, and adding the touches of pink looks great, too.

Two of my co-workers are due in September, so I am looking forward to some new babies around soon.

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Just beautiful! And nice touches of pink.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Isn't she beautiful! I love the pink touches in her nursery. What a lucky little girl to come home to so much love.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    10 years ago

Wow, adorable nursery and the baby is pretty cute, too.