Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deborah1950_gw

anybody have World Market furniture?

deborah1950
13 years ago

I have been looking for a dining room table for quite a while. I was reading reviews of World Market tables and there were so many good reviews that I am wondering it they could really be that good? Anybody out there have any experience with any of the dining tables? I am going to go there and take another look at them, because I don't remember being that impressed before. Thanks for any imput.

Comments (19)

• momtotwins
    13 years ago

I bought a kitchen table that was on clearance a few years ago. It has held up great to 3 young kids. It was so cheap too! It is not my forever table but it will be used until my kids are not so rough on furniture.

• User
    13 years ago

We bought a dining table and chairs at World Market and also a sofa bed type piece. I think it's called a day sofa. They were all purchased for use in our beach house, so they do not get full-time use, but we are very pleased with them. Also, if you search online, you can find a one-time coupon for either ten or twenty percent off at World Market. We used this for the day sofa, which had already been marked down, so we got it for a great price. I love World Market!

• eclecticme
    13 years ago

I have a dinning room table with chairs and a bench from there. Have had it 4 years and I love it. The table is solid wood, seats 8, and was only $800. I would definately purchase from them again.

• deborah1950
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! I am heading there to take a look at the dining tables a.s.a.p. Any more input will be appreciated, because I am hoping for quality.

• IdaClaire
    13 years ago

Yes, I've had several pieces of World Market furniture. Of course it's all imported from various places around the globe so it's not really any one particular brand per se, but I have found the quality to be consistently decent-to-high.

• jerickson100
    13 years ago

I have been looking at World Market dining furniture, and the manager told me that they typically have 3 or so dining sales per year. The last one was in the mid-spring, and he guessed that there would be another one in mid-summer. In the last sale, the table/chair sets were an even better deal, so I am waiting until the sale starts.

• megsy
    13 years ago

I have a dining room table from them. It doesn't get used very often but I love it.

• greenthumbfish
    13 years ago

Not the table, but I did purchase the kitchen table chairs from them 9 years ago and they are holding up very well.

• Tiffany Altieri
    13 years ago

This so heartening to hear because I've been looking at some World Market furniture - just my taste - but dubious about the quality since the price is low. Everything I like is usually out of my budget!

• lazy_gardens
    13 years ago

We have a table, dining chairs and coffee table from them.
    GREAT stuff and very solid.

It's cheap because they are using wood from short-lived tropical trees. Rubber and mango, for example, need to be removed and replaced every 30 or so years to keep production up. So the wood that is "waste" from the point of view of the mango orchard is "product" for the furniture maker. They both win.

• lilydixie
    13 years ago

We've had the Napa Dining table for about 8 months and I love it! We use it every day and it's also where my 3 yr old plays play doh, colors, paints, etc. For the price, I highly recommend it. It's a solid, well made piece and looks much more expensive than it was! We used a coupon also so I think it ended up being around $400.

Here is a link that might be useful: World Market Napa Dining Table

• crazyhouse6
    13 years ago

I love my kitchen table, bench and chairs from World market. I've only had them for 1 1/2 yr, but am very happy w/ them. A friend has had her dining table for a few years and is also satisfied.

• Jess TKA
    13 years ago

I've had a dining table from World Market for about 3 1/2 years and it has held up well. Very solid. I love the style (Logan, I think?) but I don't think I'd go with black again. It shows every crumb and speck of dust.

• infinitum3d
    9 years ago

No quality to outdoor furniture. It says to cover it or take it indoors during inclement weather so I put it in the garage over the winter, and it all dried up and the wood split and warped. . . It's a huge waste of money. Only lasts one summer.

Buy somewhere else!

• infinitum3d
    9 years ago

No quality to outdoor furniture. It says to cover it or take it indoors during inclement weather so I put it in the garage over the winter, and it all dried up and the wood split and warped. . . It's a huge waste of money. Only lasts one summer.

Buy somewhere else!

• rockybird
    9 years ago

I had a small solid wood kitchen table with 4 chairs. I used it for a few yrs and then sold on craigslist. I really liked it and it held up great.

• Oakley
    9 years ago

No dining table, but I bought an accent table from them last year and I was happily surprised at the good quality and sturdiness...along with the low price.

• treehouseone
    5 years ago

Tables may be good but don’t buy any chairs... I loved club chairs but they have spilt ... and even rarely sit in them

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz