Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding length to curtains (with pics.)

Posted by mamiebella (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 0:20

I need help....found these curtain panels in the color posted and also in dark brown. I absolutely love the style and it's even better that they come in 54"W. The only problem is they only come in 84"L!! I need 6 in 95"L and another 8 in 102"L(comes in dark brown)-in two separate rooms. My question is can i add the dark brown fabric on these? Please help.
JC penney has something similar, but they only come in 40W- a bit too thin, and none of them match in length!!!Urban Grommet-Top Window panels
Photobucket

Oooh forgot to mention that i got these for $20 per panel!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding length to curtains (with pics.)

Awesome deal, but my question would be can you find the right shade of brown in that same fabric or can you buy extra of these panels?

o

That's what I was thinking, to buy extra of the panels and use the base for the additional length. You cannot find a price like that for a good yard of fabric! You can probably do three or four curtains out of one panel, plus the edges are already done for you. ;)

o

Thank you so much for the replies! You are spot on with what i was thinking, which was to just buy extra panels (in dark brown) and use that as my add on fabric. Should i do same color fabric or do the dark brown? (like the penneys curtains)

o

Oh, that would be great! Use either color. Keep in mind that using the same color will visually lengthen the curtain and the room, though. Depends on the look you are going for.

o

I would do the same color fabric so that the seam is less noticeable.

o
RE2: Adding length to curtains (with pics.)

I'm with nhb that either would work. I'd go same color to add height to the room if it were my choice. I think you already have enough going on at the bottom of the panels without adding another color. In fact I'd remove the hem which appears to be an add on and use the solid to lengthen and hem each panel.

o

That's what I'd do, too! Remove that wide hem, and start from fresh at the white trim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here