Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Best Bathroom EVER!

User
10 years ago

It is large, light filled, beautiful, pink, and ORIGINAL! The bathroom is in Linda Ronstadt's Tucson house, a fabulous Spamish stucco that also features a "1960s green" kitchen that looks newly old, iykwim. The whole house is notable IMO for beng completely live-able. Some of it is not exactly to my taste but it is the kind of place that looks like an actual, comfortable home, unusual in celebrity circles if you believe the many photo spreads. Makes one wonder if Gyweneth and Chris would have stayed "consciously coupled" if they'd had just one house where they could relax and not be living props in an Architectural Digest photo shoot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another Fab House from Hooked on Houses

This post was edited by kswl on Thu, May 8, 14 at 23:25

Comments (24)

• tomatofreak
    10 years ago

That bathroom is to die for!!

• desertsteph
    10 years ago

that's one beautiful home! I also love that she kept it old timey - and the kitchen! So many might have gone more modern with it.

sorry to hear she has to sell it - and that she has Parkinson's. I think her kids are well grown by now anyway.

• crl_
    10 years ago

That's a beautiful home. Thanks for posting it.

• deegw
    10 years ago

It's really nice but surprisingly modest. Well, not modest for regular folk but not what I expected from a celebrity of her stature.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

What a beautiful home! Very comfortable and like you said, kswl, completely live-able. Loved the playhouse and the courtyard too. Hate that she has to sell it.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Gorgeous home in every way and it certainly fits with my perception of Linda Ronstadt as an approachable celebrity. Her music was a big part of my life for many years - so very sad about her diagnosis.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Love the bath and the entire home. Great character!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Thank you for posting this! Gscience, that is it exactly. The home has character and is very charming. I agree that the br is TDF. My DD has a home that had that tile. I was devastated when they ripped it out, but she has two sons and wanted the pink gone.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

For the most part, I love her home . . . although I personally don't care for her bathroom. Why? With that kind of space and the money that went into designing it, I'd want a private view from my tub. The bathroom shown here has a large but claustrophobic feel to it . . . but, that's how it makes me personally feel. Having a private view from my tub was a big priority for me, but I know people who could never tolerate even one small window in their bathroom, and that's ok, too.
    Lynn.

• pokyhoky
    10 years ago

I think this is one of the prettiest homes I've seen in a long time .... I like all different styles, and this is just so inviting and seems like the type of place that anyone could walk in and feel comfortable. Like you wouldn't have to put on any pretenses ....

• SunnyCottage
    10 years ago

I love absolutely everything about her house. ::sigh:: It's so very, very lovely!

• violetwest
    10 years ago

house is really pretty -- the bathroom isn't my favorite though

• maddielee
    10 years ago

Beautiful home....but, I would still want a shower somewhere in that bathroom.

ML

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

I agree, Hokey, other than that one bathroom, I absolutely love every other room in the house, as well as the landscaping{{gwi:807}}, the playhouse and the house itself. It's gorgeous, very welcoming and comfortable. The hardware is amazing! To me, it also says a lot about the kind of person Linda Ronstadt is.

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Fri, May 9, 14 at 12:25

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful.

My big momma had a bathroom with these colors, but it was put in at the time she abandoned the footed tub and went to the built in. It was nowhere near this big but I loved it.

The cotton organdy curtains over the tub, the pink and black reminded me of June when all the cousins returned from school and college, one of whom who had a pink and black Ford, so vogue.

We all camped out at Grandma's or any homes of the family commune, doing a lot of farm and garden work, working in the restaurant, and having fun after the work was done, playing cards, going to the drive-in movies and sneaking in at the wee hours.

I am so sorry about Linda. My mother died of Parkinson's, such a horrible thing to endure.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting this. I love the home, and could live there easily. My childhood home had a pink and black bathroom in it that I absolutely loved.

• TheRedHouse
    10 years ago

I love this house- I even made my husband look at the photos. I would be thrilled to move right in, as is. On second thought, I might paint that bright yellow bedroom, but I love everything else.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

Patricia, what wonderful memories! I'm so glad you shared them with us.
    Lynn

• Mayaa
    10 years ago

Yes it is beautiful and good looking in first sight but there are so many other beautiful and glorious bathrooms are in the world. When i tried to find more i reached here http://www.homebeautyideas.com/top-10-most-beautiful-bathrooms-in-the-world/ you can track and see.....

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Such a warm and inviting home. I would love to live there.

• ineffablespace
    10 years ago

I like the bathroom, but I don't thing it's original-original. I think care was taken to make it fit the original house, but a slipper tub like that would have just been "old fashioned" in 1929. They were taking Out things like that in the 20's

Late twenties was this shape of tub:

• User
    10 years ago

Eons ago I worked with a woman in her 70's who had been the Ronstadt family accountant for many years, and she had lots of great stories about all the fun she had working for Linda and her family and what a "real" person Linda is, so it's not surprising that she has such a warm, welcoming and, yes, "real" home.

Thank you for sharing, kswl, great pics of the home of a great artist. Think I'll stop at the drugstore, pick up AD, pour a large glass of vino and put "Heart Like a Wheel" on the CD player when I get home tonight.

sandyponder

• 1929Spanish
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting. I love that house - everything about it, but especially her green kitchen since we did the same to ours! Now.....where to find a couple million......

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ineffable, I can easily imagine that the tub has been replaced, but it does look like the tile pattern was either copied exactly from an historical installation or is original. I don't think anyone designing a bathroom nowadays -- even an homage bathroom--- would break up the tile pattern with those wonky recessed cupboards.