Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Pool Table Re-Felted Today!

User
9 years ago

Great job by a very experienced guy and I am beyond thrilled with the way the fabrics coordinate with the color.

Purchased the Neato robotic vacuum recommended by someone on a thread a few weeks back and used it for the first time today, and much dust was picked up off brick floor.

Fireplace paneling and shelving will be installed Tuesday "by the latest," (uh huh) and runners for stairs will go in I hope on Wednesday or Thursday.

Still waiting for electrician to finish up the bits and pieces he keeps looking at but never doing anything about. (Sidebar: I plan to write a book on electricians titled "No Ma'am, I'm Not Actually Going To Do The Work Today I Am Just Looking At What We Gotta Do When We Come To Do It".) Also waiting for new back door, staining of said door, staining of recessed shelves for gaming tv area, molding finished, second and possibly third coats of paint on everything, hanging of sconces, and many other things that contractor refers to as "minor."

And for Handy Guy to come in and either change what I don't think the subs are capable of doing right, or jobs I have saved for him (like painting vanity red and tiling wall behind it).

But today we have a rehabilitated pool table :-)

Comments (15)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Terrific!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! The pace is so pathetically slow it's as if each light switch rewired is a major step forward. They could have built a damn house in the time it's taken to do this work. When the GC said the work would take about 60 days, what he should have said is " 60 days over six months."

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

It looks great! Ours is about ready to be redone again, and the new huckleberry drapes are making me want to do it sooner than later (it's currently burgundy and really clashes)

• gyr_falcon
    9 years ago

It looks great and compliments your other fabrics so well. I cannot wait to read your book. Sounds as if you could be finished writing it by the time everything gets completed. ;-)

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Wow! That's gorgeous kswl! I can't wait to see the room.

Tell me about things moving slow. We moved into our home well over a decade ago and only one room is complete. And it just happens to be the smallest room in the house. The half bath.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Looks good....so glad you didn't go with plaid.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

looks great!!
    can i ask you how much it was to have it refelted?? also, is it a 9' table or a smaller one? i am assuming they did it right in your home??

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

You mean we have to wait another 6 months to see the finished product....lol. The red felt looks great!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Ohhh, I love it! The rusty brick is perfect for the rest of your upholstery.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone! Busy, the cost breakdown was as follows:

Disassembling 7 ft pool table and moving it to storage area of our house: $225
    Reassembling pool table: $275
    Reflelting at time of reassemble : $175
    Total $675

I think the charge for an all in one day re-felting job is $600 because there's only one trip necessary. In our case he disassembled the table in January and reassembled it five months later. The price included the wool felt from any company except Simonis, which is worsted wool instead of felt. Simonis is much less fuzzy and therefore faster for play and I would have liked to use it ($100 surcharge) but the color range is very limited.

Annie, that is exactly what Pool Table Guy said :-) And the cost of the job would have been MUCH higher, and now that it see it the space is too small to contain a pool table with that much pattern. It would have sucked all the oxygen out of the room.

Justgottabeme, that is hilarious-- the half bath! I'm guessing it wasn't so funny at the time.

Gry Falcon, that material may become a chapter on electricians in a larger book titled, General Contractors and Their Subs: Unreliable and Unreliabler.

Errant, there is a nice array of colors to choose from and I would love to see a picture of yours with the huckleberry drapes when finished!

Joanie, they started the job mid January and are still not finished! If it takes another six months I would have to Take Steps....

Holly Kay, thank you, I was a bit worried at first that the color would be too loud but it looks just right with the other stuff. I hope!

This post was edited by kswl on Mon, May 19, 14 at 10:27

• busybee3
    9 years ago

thx so much kswl!! we probably will be refelting soon, so appreciate the breakdown! table size prob won't affect price much, except for fabric cost...

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Love it! Also so glad you went with this color and not the plaid. It looks great with your other fabrics, and can't wait to see the entire room finished. I'm sure you can't wait to get the subs out of your life too. If you need any supporting stories for your book, you know where to come looking!

• alley_cat_gw_7b
    9 years ago

The solid color felt looks great on your table! Rack em up!!!

Al

• jjam
    9 years ago

Absolutely perfect! Great job!!

• luckygal
    9 years ago

Great color choice and looks very nice. Glad to hear something has worked out well with this project!