Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In need of a god gray/sage green paint.

Posted by dvarnell (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 22:31

Thought I had my bathroom wall color all picked out - SW silver strand - to go with my white, gray and Ming green marble bathroom, but once it was up on the wall it read gray/blue instead of gray/green (even though chip matched the Ming green perfectly). So now I need to quickly pick a new paint color and re-paint. Anyone have a good gray/green suggestion? Room gets lots of light. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In need of a god gray/sage green paint.

Try SW Svelte Sage. Here it is with a sample of Bosporous flax

Photobucket

and here it is in my old kitchen

Svelte Sage green

It is very close to a french gray.

Hope this helps. Good look!

o

SW Sea Salt is similar to silver strand, but more green.

o

Try Benjamin Moore Coastal Fog 976- the monitor color
really is not true to the real color. It is a lovely grey
with green undertone. Used it with Muskoka Trail 974
on ceiling and White Dove OC-17 for trim.

o

look at BM sandy hook gray also

o

Thanks! I had just pulled Sea Salt from my SW paint fan earlier today as an option and I'll try the BM colors too. Using white dove trim myself!

o

Another favorite of mine is a retired SW color called Pale Artichoke - I have it with white dove in my powder room and my living room - this is the 3rd house I have used it in - just another option.

o

We used BM Hampshire Grey on our front door and DR trim. It might be too dark for br walls, but if you stroll up and down the strip you may be in the right family.

o

BM Alexandria Beige or Bennington Grey will bring up green tones as well. Both are dark neutrals and have used both in my MBR. If too dark, look for something else in the family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here