Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CL find - mirrors

Posted by debi_2006 (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 21:50

Found 2 of these mirrors on CL and thought they were unique. I like the detail of the carving. They are 50 years old in excellent condition. Size is 51" x 22". Not sure what kind of wood they are. Asking price is $30 for both. What do you think of them? Second picture doesn't show well.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CL find - mirrors

Can't go wrong at that price.

o

They were probably a pair of dresser mirrors; that used to be popular. The price is good.
Dee

o

Good price, nice detail, and likely dresser mirrors as Dee said. I could see them hanging on the wall behind nightstands.

o

Here's what Jan_in_Wisconsin did.........
I love the look~

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg1114522620315.html

o
RE:: CL find - mirrors

OOps ~It was there in preview..
Just check the link..

o
RE: mirrors

Yes, they are part of a bureau (I asked the seller), though that didn't cross my mind when I saw them, but was wondering why they are narrow. Makes sense now. Dah. Love the clean lines. Jan was quite creative in the usage of her mirrors (thanks for sharing), though I'm planning on using them on a dining room wall if they work out. Picking them up today. Yep, $30 is a great deal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here