Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our 3-season room is almost done.

Posted by joyce_6333 (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 21:33

They just need to finish the ceiling (ran out of the long cedar boards), trim it all out, and install the screen door. So far I'm very impressed with the Eze Breeze windows. Now that the weather has finally warmed up, we're very anxious to start using it.

IMG_0749

IMG_0752

IMG_0751

IMG_0750

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our 3-season room is almost done.

We built ours 18 years ago. Best money we ever spent! Enjoy!

o

That looks like it will be a fabulous space! Post more pics as you get it completed and furnished.

o

It's beautiful! You will enjoy it a lot in your part of the country! Looking forward to the finished pictures. How do you plan to furnish it?

o

How fun!!!

o

Love it! Wish we could do a space like this.

o

Gorgeous! You are going to love that room!

o

That's great...you'll be in there before you know it...then you won't want to leave.

o

wow! envious and a tad embarrassed now about my dinky little screened porch. you will love it

o

We are going to be gone most of the summer, so we probably won't do anything with furnishings this year. We'll just use our deck furniture, which isn't very old and is very nice. We are getting new living room furniture, and was wondering about using our current furniture out on the porch. A bit concerned about humidity. Any thoughts?

o

Love it. May I ask the dimensions of the room?

What part of the country are you in?

Great job.

o

Thank you all for your kind comments, and for posting.

Red_lover, dimentions of the room are 22' X 16' and we are in Wisconsin. I think the vaulted ceiling and openness give the impression of a larger room.

o

Wow! Can I ask if you used regular glass for the fixed windows or the vinyl? (above the EzeBreeze).
thanks

o

Also, I am looking to do a very short knee wall ju t ike yours under the ezebreeze. Can you post how do did that? Are the posts clad 4x4's? thanks!

o

Hi Scrappy .. we used the vinyl Eze Breeze windows. Actually, I didn't know they came in glass. We are very impressed with the quality and ease of use. They slide up and down effortlessly.

I don't know a thing about carpentry, but I posted a couple pictures on flickr.com. Hopefully that will give you the answer to your questions. We did not want to have a high knee wall. Wanted to preserve the view and the light as much as possible. If we had just gone with just screen, we would have had to do a 36' knee wall ... per code. But the Eze Breeze negated that requirement. So we had them do a little knee wall just enough for a couple outlets and those little LED stairway type lights.

Go to the link and choose 'Screen Room'. Let me know if you have any other questions. We're leaving Tuesday on vacation and won't be back until end of June.

Here is a link that might be useful: 3 season room

o

thank you Joyce! those pictures are really helpful. I am printing them out to show our potential contractors.

For the vinyl vs glass question, I was asking about the fixed trapezoid windows above the ezebreeze. Are those glass, or vinyl like the ezebreeze material ? Also did you get the clear or the tinted ezebreeze?

thanks
Nancy

o

Nancy .. the trapezoids are vinyl too. Certainly could have been glass for that matter. And we got the clearest tint available, I don't remember if that was totally clear or a very light tint. The porch does limit the light we get in our great room, and didn't want to darken the room any more than necessary.

We are getting ready to head to the airport. I'll be anxious to read what your plans are when we get back. Good luck.

Joyce

o

thanks and have a great vacation/summer!

o

Gorgeous! You must be so excited. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here