Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms222_gw

Help me Add Seating to My Family Room

ms222
9 years ago

Hey all,

My family room is not too large, but having one sectional that can sit 4 is not enough when I have people over. I would like to add seating or a slim loveseat/sofa near the wall under the two pictures on the wall. The sectional in the room right now is about 31" high. I could use some ideas. I was thinking maybe 2 of these chairs would be nice.

Comments (15)

• graywings123
    9 years ago

I think those chairs would look great.

• louislinus
    9 years ago

Two of those chairs with a round table between with lamp.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

perfect

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

That chair looks really cool, but it doesn't look very comfortable. I think you also need to add a print or geometric to the room for some pattern/texture. Check out some of these options from Wayfair.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wayfair chairs

• katrina_ellen
    9 years ago

I would echo the thought of whether or not they are comfortable. They could put people off from sitting in them if they look too delicate or uncomfortable. The style looks harmonious but there are a lot of options, as joanie linked to.

• Oakley
    9 years ago

The chair would look good in your room, but there is no way I'd sit in it. lol. I learned a long time ago not to buy any furniture where it's hard for older people to get up, when we had a guest who needed help.

Since your sofa is a solid color, I'd get two matching upholstered chairs w/pattern & color with a table inbetween.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

I used to own two of those Wassily chairs back when I decorated my house modern.

I hope you don't like your friends too much if you are getting them for people to sit in :)

They were NOT comfortable.

• elizabeth714
    9 years ago

sleek low profile ottoman can serve dual purpose coffee table seating. also some x stools.

• elizabeth714
    9 years ago

or a mademoiselle chair. i have a missoni one, but they knockoffs are pretty good. i think control brand has one.

• ms222
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thoughts on 2 of these in white?

• carriem25
    9 years ago

Have you considered poang chairs from Ikea? They are actually very comfortable for sitting in, and even with an upgraded cushion from a place like Bemz, you can't beat the cost.

Carrie

• ms222
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The poang chair is too high it won't scale right. I need a chair 30-35" high

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Sorry ms....that black chair does not look comfortable either....

• peony4
    9 years ago

I have a Wassily chair from my husband's bachelor days, and, although our tastes have changed, I cannot find myself to part with it because it is comfortable... it's in our media room now, and we like it. I recommend sitting on one first before deciding.

• robnj_2006
    9 years ago

Would it be possible to add pieces to your sectional so it extends around to the right? That would add more seating and not require you to worry about it fitting in. You can even get a square ottoman/coffee table that adds even more seating for parties. The difficulty seems to be that your current sectional is close to te wall. It leaves little room onthat wall unless you move it away which will put your tv off center. If you can make a little room another option is to get swiveling club chairs (not sure what your budget is but there are some more modern ones at crate and barrel etc that would match your style). The benefit is thT they can turn towards the sofa if you are talking or turn towards the tv if you are watching a game etc.