Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

I love this room!

Holly- Kay
9 years ago

I was searching bedrooms on Houzz and most of them were so lacking in charm. Then I found this beauty. I adore it and just had to share.

Here is a link that might be useful: I love this room

Comments (16)

• crl_
    9 years ago

Very pretty.

• Jules
    9 years ago

I love it too. I plan to purchase a couple braided rugs like this for our beach house.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Can I rent it for a week? Love it.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Very cozy!

• Scarlett001
    9 years ago

I would love to have a good night's sleep in one of those beds. :)

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

It's very cozy looking!!

• madeyna
    9 years ago

I love the look but the beds too high for me. I,d break my neck trying to get out of it in the middle of the night and need assistance getting back in.

• teacats
    9 years ago

Very warm and charming .... and welcoming! :)

Wonderful room -- thanks for sharing! :)

• User
    9 years ago

I love it too. The only problem would be is having someone come in and do every detail for me. What I see in the picture never comes through when I try to physically do it myself (like when you see Pinterest fail pics!).

Thanks for sharing!

• SunnyCottage
    9 years ago

::sigh:: It's perfect! Everything about it just oozes charm, and it's old-fashioned but not in a cloying way. And really, stop making me want to paint the paneling in my attic bedroom! Stop it, stop it, stop it, I say! ;-D

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I'm a total sucker for that twin bed look. And the palette here is lovely.

Interestingly, the built-ins do not look like they were placed with these beds in mind, in fact i think one might slightly occlude the bookcase? Maybe it was once a dining room? I can imagine the owner was concerned about how it would all work, but it is so charming!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

There are the plates over the bed, Holly-Kay!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know Tibb! I just adore this room. It is just my cup of tea! It makes me want to use my plates even more.

• edeevee
    9 years ago

What I love about it is how 'organic' it looks -- just like a real family lake cottage.

We looked at a lot of lake properties before we settled on our dear Ugly Duckling. There's such a charm to the way they evolve through the years, with furniture that was cast off from the year-round house, and nic nacs that are too dearly loved to be discarded but don't fit the current decor in the owner's permanent home, and stuff picked up on rainy Saturdays browsing the local flea markets, garage sales and antique stores ...

This room (and the whole house if you look) has that same appeal even though you know that this place didn't take decades to become the comfortable, homey beauty it is today. Instead -- a designer agonized over every stinkin' detail and put it together in six months, maybe less.

And there's just enough 'wrong' (like mtn's bed obscuring built ins) that it authenticates the whole thing and makes you fall for the story of the room.

I love it too.

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

Take a look at her site. The whole house is beyond wonderful. Greens, teals in every room. I'm in love with all.
    Emerald....me too...how to make it work and all come together?

Thanks for sharing Holly, you really made me day.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio