Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Terrariums!

Posted by terriks (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 20:44

I decided I wanted a terrarium, so I went to Ross looking for a unique container, and found three!

I don't have much of a green thumb, but hope I can keep these alive. If not, I've got three cool vase/candle holders.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Terrariums!

Ah,shot~
I was just there today
Now I've got to go back

This is one idea to steal

Great job Terricks..........

o

I really, really like those. What's in the base terriks?

o

I alternated pebbles and moss in the bases.

o

Oh those are neat Terriks!. I've not seen terrariums in a long time. I may just start looking differently at all the glass I have. Darn if I didn't just give away three apothecary "jars" I made out of old containers I had laying around and candle sticks to our daughter. Oh well. I can make some more. After the wedding anyway.

o

I noticed terrariums making a comeback when I saw quite a few of them in West Elm. Yesterday I visited a local furniture store and they had terrariums, so I went looking for a container.

o

Do you have lids for the tops? If now, how do they differ from a small glass pot. I too love terrariums, but always had lids on mine....Raised Maidenhair Ferns from leaf spores one time....was so proud.

o

Those are very attractive, terriks!

o

grandmaof3, you are right, they probably are not true terrariums because they do not have lids. Like I said, I don't have much of a green thumb, but I hope to keep these going!

o

Wow, they're very nice looking!

o

They are very nice looking and I like the idea....hum, wonder if I have anything like that in my "stash" (stuff saved but not used for awhile)...They should grow for you and I see some green peeking out.

o

I have a large scale one on my kitchen island. I think it's actually for a triffle. Not sure how to spell it - but it's the cake w/pudding, fruit type holder. I put small rocks, dirt, then some greenery. THey aren't growing fast, and I don't like how excess water goes to the bottom and just lays there. I snitched the idea from a furniture store but maybe they switch theirs out all the time.
THen yesterday, while shopping at Whole Foods they had actual terrariums with the lid and little, little plants, I bought on..They suggested they be kept out of direct sunlight and only remove the lid when it's too steamy inside. Only 1 -2 tbs water every 2 weeks. It's soooo cute, I hope it holds up for me!!
I don't count the one on my island as a terrarium since it doesn't have a lid.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here