Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Anele bouillotte lamps with shades

Holly- Kay
9 years ago

The lamp shades for the bouillotte shades finally came in. Take a look and if you think this size works for you I will measure them. They are still a bit cattywampus but Dh fiddled with them and they are looking better.

Comments (20)

• patricianat
    9 years ago

They are very pretty and I love the word cattywampus. My children once hated that word but now that they are well educated, they seem to love it as well as I do. Funny how much smarter I became after they attended college.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I think they look just wonderful, good choice.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Patricia and Yaya. I think they crowd the buffet a bit. As soon as we have some other projects completed I am going to swap our dining room furniture between houses. The other sideboard is bigger.

• peaches12345
    9 years ago

Beautiful lamps and shades. Luv them. I think it is the clock that is making the buffet look crowded. Can you put that elsewhere?

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Patty, I may find another place for it but for now it is staying there. I have had the clock (my paternal DGM) in that spot for years and it always looked great till I put my lamps there. I am so glad you suggested another spot because I am starting to get some ideas for my foyer.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

I would scrunch up the silver pieces in front of the clock on a tray. It might not be right but I would see.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

I had to rethink this. You can put the gingerbread clock elsewhere or you can send it to me (LOL, I love clocks). You could put barware there and it would give a lighter look. Then you could scrunch the silverware in closer to the middle and with crystal clear barware, it would appear more is less.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

I love your new lamps and the shades. Thanks for posting this follow up!

I like everything on your buffet as is...including that precious clock.
    The detail on the top of the clock is somewhat hidden/disappears to my view on this photo. The colors of the mat, frame & cat art on the wall behind the clock may be the cause.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

I have one in that style~didn't know there was an official name for them, very interesting. I bought it on shopgoodwill.com for $8.75 w/$13.44 shipping fee. I sell in a local antique mall where there was a pair selling at $250 each. Hope you didn't pay that much for yours, but they *are* worth it!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No Patty, I didn't pay anything for mine because it was my DGM. I smile when I look at it, The top gingerbread has a carved bird bath with birds in it. So sweet and it makes me happy to know, my grandmother, who was always either cooking or cleaning had such a charming clock.

We are in a state of flux with our decorating but I will always have a place for that clock. It is so special to me.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Holly-Kay, thank you so much for your e-mail to let me know they arrived! They look absolutely stunning. I would love for you to give me the measurements when you have a chance. The silk is a perfect choice! I have 2 local shops that I can visit and called both . . .one had never heard of a Bouillotte lamp, and the other one was well-versed in them, so I think I'll go to the latter!

The display looks lovely. I can just feel the warmth emanating from that clock. I love the cat just peeking out from the books, too! You have such elegant taste that still manages to be warm and welcoming, just like you!

Thank you again!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Anele. I am so glad I can be of help. As soon as I get home I will measure them and post for you.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Anele, the top diameter is 9", the bottom diameter is 14", and it is 6 3/4 on the slant.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

Anele, you lucky duck!! ;)

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Holly-Kay, thank you so much! That confirms I will go in person to a shop because I don't think the standard sizes offered online will work. I will take your measurements with me. I very much appreciate all of the trouble you've gone through for me!!!!

Patty, :)

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My pleasure! I am so anxious to see your lamps when they are in place. I thank you so much for posting about them in the first place.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Very pretty holly-kay! I don't think I've ever heard the word cattywampus before, I'll try to use it three times today so I will remember it.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks again so much, Holly-Kay!

And Old Bat, Holly-Kay has made me a big fan of the word, too! Much better than "wonky," which is what I would usually use!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi OB2B, I miss seeing your posts! I trust all is well with you and your family and you are making progress with your projects.

Anele, I am so excited to see your lamps in place!

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Hi holly-kay! All well, but unfortunately progress coming at a snail's pace. You seem to be making great progress, keep it up!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH