Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

The Bedroom is Done!!! Before & After pics!

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

With one hour to spare.

As you may recall, my dh set off on an international business trip last Friday. As soon as that plane lifted off, I was off and running. He is due to walk through the door in 55 minutes! Thank goodness for the flight delay coming home.

I'll just post my before and afters. Thanks for all the advice during this week.

I went with BM Willow Creek on the walls, White ceiling. I left the rock wall. I did the master bathroom too while I was at it. I painted it in BM Nimbus, same paint strip I've become very attached to lately. I used white sheers and also white panels on the window, and all white bedding.

I think I have achieved the "boutique hotel" look I was going for. Hope you like the pictures...

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

And my counter in the bathroom:

Comments (38)

• cherigw
    12 years ago

oh wow, Oh Wow, OH WOW!!

• cooperbailey
    12 years ago

Wow! You nailed it! I particularly like the lamps, tables mirrors and art behind the bed. Oh and the wall color and the bedding. I think he is going to flip!!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, and regarding the art behind the bed...those are photos I took on our trip last fall. Those are doors on the island of Mykonos. I blew them up and printed them at work on the poster printer. here they are:

• juddgirl2
    12 years ago

I love it! It is very spa-like. I'm sure he'll love it and think you're a miracle worker for getting it all done in one week.

The end tables, lamps, mirrors and artwork over the bed really work well together and I love your bedding! Where did you get those great ruched pillows?

• teacats
    12 years ago

Wow!!!

Looks amazing -- cool and serene!:)

Excellent choices!

Very well done indeed! :)

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

juddgirl2... there are 2 words... Home Goods. Pretty much everything came from there but my curtains.

He's now a minute late....oh my...

• katrina_ellen
    12 years ago

It looks so serene and sleek. Beautiful job. I love the mirrors behind the lamps idea, I'll bet those look great at night.

• natal
    12 years ago

Great metamorphosis ... calm and restful.

• amielynn
    12 years ago

Love the bed and the photos! You definitely nailed the hotel feel in a very very good way.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

I am speechless! What a lovely serene space. You have done an amazing job...and in only one week? Wow! Can't wait to hear your DH's reaction.

• nancybee_2010
    12 years ago

You are truly amazing! It looks fantastic!

• denali2007
    12 years ago

Wonderful! I especially like the bathroom tray .

• yayagal
    12 years ago

Fantastic!!!!!!! Hard to believe it's the same room. You rocked it!!!!

• loribee
    12 years ago

Yummy room...you did a great job!! ENJOY!

• katlan
    12 years ago

That's beautiful!

• amysrq
    12 years ago

Very, very nice, Bee! I'd like to hear how your husband reacted. That is perhaps even more interesting than the visual transformation. :-)

• B H
    12 years ago

Fabulous!!! It's wonderful and very boutique hotel. I love the framed door prints from Mykonos (loved doors & windows there!).

• mjsee
    12 years ago

It's beautiful. You did a wonderful job!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    12 years ago

That room just looks as if you can feel a soft breeze blowing through it. Just wonderful.

I love the ruffly looking pillows on the bed; would you mind sharing where you got those, please.

• work_in_progress_08
    12 years ago

Great job. Love the feel of your MBR.

• User
    12 years ago

Fantastic transformation! I'm sure your husband LOVED it!

• prill
    12 years ago

Bee, very, very pretty. Great job. Have you run out of rooms now? You'll HAVE to move.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

I may have to "hate" you (or just be very jealous of your decorating ability!!!). Great job!

• ttodd
    12 years ago

Very, very pretty! Complete change!

• Lyban zone 4
    12 years ago

Bkw,
    What a great room you now have. I envy you your energy and talent.
    I love the paint colour and the white bedding. The mirrors behind the lamps are a terrific. Such a nice idea.
    Love the art and lamps also.

• juddgirl2
    12 years ago

He must have liked it :-D

Home Goods - I need to remember to check there first when shopping!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody. My dh was very very surprised. I lured in him in there in the dark....he thought he was going to help me choose between the paint samples on the wall! Once in the room, BAM, I turned the lights on and he was just so surprised. And of course the bathroom was a welcome surprise too. When he left it had a drywall patch that needed to be completed. I did that and he was shocked that it was so good. I also had replaced all the door knobs on the 2nd floor (we had bought them but never got to it) as well as the hinges. So I do believe he was extremely happy to get some of those tasks crossed off the list.

However, I then went on to break the bad news...I discovered that the toilet in our hall bathroom must have been leaking for some time now. There was a large puddle on the floor, and dining room ceiling had two big spots. Well, at least it is a ceiling that needed to be repainted. The bamboo floor is trashed, He is currently up there ripping up the floor and baseboards....just found mold. Hopefully some good doses of mold and mildew stuff will do the trick while it is drying out.

Back to the bedroom....the bedding is from Home Goods.

Better go, lots of growling and sighing coming from the bathroom....

:(

• Bethpen
    12 years ago

Bee, lovely, lovely room! I'm amazed you got it all done so quickly. I really love the bedside tables.

Sorry about the bathroom floor. It is always something isn't it? UGH.

Beth P.

• ghostlyvision
    12 years ago

Love the bedroom Bee - what is the artwork on the wall to the left of the bed (looks like it says 'Flowers' on it)?

Sorry about the water damage. :(

• jerseygirl_1
    12 years ago

Your bedroom is stunning and serene. Great job.

• debbie1031
    12 years ago

Wow! You do amazing work! Good for you, it is incredibly soothing to look at! Enjoy all of the hard work!

• gmnolen
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! And I love the origin of the pictures above the bed! What a special touch.

• User
    12 years ago

Oh WOW, Bee! What a fabulous transformation! You turned a perfectly lovely space into something stunning! Enjoy!

• msdeborahd
    12 years ago

Great job! Just wish there was a Home Goods near me!

• kristinekr
    12 years ago

very serene! I like the artwork and the mirrors and lamps!

• catperson
    12 years ago

Wonderful!!

• haley_comet
    12 years ago

HOLY WOW !

• catherine_l
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Love both the bathroom and bedroom. Makes me want to remodel mine!