Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chicagoerin

recommend a "greige" that is more tan than gray

chicagoerin
9 years ago

Hello to all-I have spent a fortune on tester paints for the exterior of my house. need to find a "greige" that is more tan than gray. Any ideas? thanks

Comments (17)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Have you tried BM Berkshire Beige?

• sloyder
    9 years ago

BM Stone House, BM Bleeker Beige, BM Grant Beige, BM At Home With Nature

• chicagoerin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks much. will look at all these!

• speckledcat
    9 years ago

BM Hot Spring Stones

• dretutz
    9 years ago

BM Cottswald

• busybee3
    9 years ago

BM glacial till

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

BM Manchester Tan, Edgecomb Gray, and Lancaster Whitewash.

• erinsean
    9 years ago

Olympai paint sold by Lowes, makes a paint called Grey-beige. I used it in my bathroom....from outside it looks gray and inside the room it looks beige.

• erinsean
    9 years ago

Olympai paint sold by Lowes, makes a paint called Grey-beige. I used it in my bathroom....from outside it looks gray and inside the room it looks beige.

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

With greige paints a lot depends on the time a day you are looking at it. Certain times a day it will look more gray and other times more beige. I used SW perfect greige and from morning to night at different times you wouldn't know it's the same color.

• amykath
    9 years ago

SW Accessible Beige.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Photos

• cawaps
    9 years ago

My impression is that greiges are very sensitive to lighting conditions. A greige that looks more tan in Betty's south-facing living room might look totally gray in Bob's north facing master bedroom. Layer on top of that what jterrilynn said about the time of day, and I think you really need to experience the colors for your self in your own space. Internet suggestions are well and good as a starting place, but don't be surprised if your experience with the colors is different from that of the person who recommended them.

• scanmike
    9 years ago

Just went down this road. I used BM Stone Hearth. More taupe but everything depends on your lighting. A close second and lighter is SW Accessible Beige. Some of thee others listed above leaned too green,which I have to avoid due to the lighting here. An expensive option is Farrow and Ball Stoney Ground. Changes from grey to greige during different times of the day. I have it in a bedroom. Colors like Revere Pewter is more grey than beige in most lighting. Good luck!

• pps7
    9 years ago

Another vote for BM edgecomb gray, Manchester tan and grant beige.

• beachpea3
    9 years ago

I am partial to BM Revere Pewter. It can also be more beige than grey in certain lights- I have it in all the hallways as trim and it changes from place to place - depending on the light, the number of windows and the direction/location. For instance, our 300+ year old saltbox does not have extremely well lit hallways or vast walls of windows. Revere Pewter reads far more beige then gray and certainly not a "pewter" color.

A few samples checked during different times of day should help you pick the right "Greige" Good luck

• LE
    9 years ago

BM Brandon Beige might be another to try