Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nantucket gray but bluer?

Posted by somewhereanywhere (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 20:06

Hope this is the right forum -- I looked at the Paint forum too, but it seemed more about the technical side.

Any suggestions for an exterior paint similar to Benjamin Moore Nantucket Gray or Martha Stewart Bedford Gray, but with more blue? I'm looking for a green-gray with a tinge of blue to it (rather than a blue-gray or a shaded green). I tried Benjamin Moore's Heather Gray, and it looked perfect on the chip. Maybe the sample wasn't great, but it showed up as a pale silver on my house.

If it makes a difference, my house is a shingled folk victorian (c. 1910), and it's northeast facing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nantucket gray but bluer?

Gray wisp by bm. It is exactly as you described and is my favorie color in my house.

o

I think Gray Wisp is gonna be way too pale if Heather Gray is showing as a pale silver. Try SW Retreat.

o

I love Gray Wisp -- it's in my dining room. I do think it might read too light on the exterior though.

I will check out SW Retreat. Forgot to mention, I'm a fan deck junkie and have Benjamin Moore classic, Sherwin Williams (including the small one), Farrow & Ball, Ralph Lauren, Restoration Hardware, and Para Paints decks. My painter will be using Benjamin Moore, but I'm fine with color matching for the right color.

o

BM Gray Mirage

o

When I posted I didn't realize it was for the exterior. Sorry about that.

o

Thanks, will check out Gray Mirage as well!

o

The exterior of my house is either Tree Moss or Grecian Green (can't remember which!) and I love it.

o

Sueb20, do those colors read as gray or green? I'm looking for a gray but with a green, slightly blue undertone.

o

try BM mt. saint anne. I think colors look lighter/more washed out on the exterior. I've link a pic I foundo nt he internet.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM mt. saint anne

o

The BM mount saint anne looks interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks!

o

somewhere -- definitely green. Sorry, I saw you mentioned "green-gray" so I assumed you were looking for more green than gray.

o
RE: Nantucket gray but bluer? paint

I just stuck my head out the back door to take a pic!

Photobucket

o

I used BM Nantucket gray on the exterior of my house, over 90-year-old cypress siding. It sees to me to be very changeable. In person, it reads much stone green; in photos, it registers as grey or faintly bluish grey.

Northern facade:

Southern facade:

Go figure.

o

I just painted my DR Mount Saint Anne - this will give you another look at it. It reads pretty blue in my room, but I'm sure the outside light will have an effect on the color.

I'm actually thinking about painting my outside doors the same color. I really like it!

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here