Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smpop18

Accent color for BM Berkshire Beige?

SMPop18
11 years ago

Hello! I plan to paint our new home's great room, foyer and open balcony area BM Bersksire Beige. I would like to paint the open concept kitchen and dining area a color that will accent it. I'm thinking of just going a shade darker than the Berkshire Beige but I'm not sure what will look best. I'm also considering painting the fireplace wall in the great room the accent color to tie it all in. Thoughts?

Comments (11)

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh my, thanks for the suggestions Annie! I'm a bit more overwhelmed now though, lol! I will try to post pics of the space to give a better perspective. I really like the berkshire beige but I see how you would think it is kind of dark for all that space. The great room and foyer have 18' ceilings with the main part of the balcony overlooking the great room. We will have oak trim stained special walnut. The floors in the great room, foyer and possibly dining area will be a medium/dark hardwood. The fireplace in the great room will have ledgestone all the way up to the ceiling and we will have cabinets installed on each side of the fireplace in a medium maple color (matches the trim). I hope all this makes sense. Thanks again- I'm going to check out the colors you suggested.

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Would it be ok to go with Coastal Fog for instead of november rain? Coastal fog is just a lighter shade of berkshire beige. November rain seems to have a green tone to it and winter lake seems very blue? I looked at them online which I know can look slightly different than in person.

• chispa
    11 years ago

I've seen berkshire beige used on the exterior of a house and it is very green. A mossy gray green.

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks chispa. I consider it more of a beige with a gray tone to it. If it does look somewhat green I prefer that over a pink,purple, or yellow toned beige which is what seems to be the case with most beiges.

Any other suggestions? Has anyone used this color in their house? Thanks!

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

BM Brandon Beige seems to be an exact match to Berkshire Beige and has the same combos and shades listed on the site. Does anyone know if this is true? Here is a pic I snagged online of a room in Brandon Beige with the darker wall in BM Stampede. This is the combo I'm thinking about doing in my great room with the fireplace wall being in Stampede.

>

• chispa
    11 years ago

You might want to check out BM Grant Beige. A beige with gray/green undertones, but lighter than berkshire beige

• jessicaml
    11 years ago

Berkshire beige IS an exact match to brandon beige. Sorry it took a couple days before I remembered to look it up, but hope that helps.

• catkin
    11 years ago

Those are great colors, IMHO!

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! Berkshire Beige is still my number one choice (it just calls to me) but we will see how it goes when I try it on the wall in the room, lol. I will try to post pictures of the space at some point in hopes of getting more opinions on it. :)

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok, Here are some pics of the space. Any input on using Berkshire Beige in the great room,foyer and upstairs hall would be appreciated.I'd like to do the fireplace wall in an accent color and the dining and kitchen area in a color that is a just shade lighter or darker than berkshire beige so it flows nicely. Thoughts???

Looking from mudroom door with kitchen on right, dining area on left and great room straight ahead.

Kitchen:

Dining:

Great Room. The hall to the foyer is to the right out of the photo