Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Now: The Whitest White for my Trim

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Ok, I think I like the Linen White the best. I have Cloud White on all my trim. However, is there a whiter white? Super White? Super Nova White? Blind Me White? Help My Eyes Are Burning White?

The Cloud White might not be White enough for me. So, rather than me standing there again tomorrow, let me know what is THE BRIGHTEST WHITE KNOWN TO MAN? (Preferably a BM paint to save me some steps.)

The only trim in this room is the pathetic small baseboard, and the doors. And the window sill, which you usually can't see anyway.

Once this question is answered, there will be one more quiz....

Comments (21)

• callie25
    12 years ago

Sorry this is not a BM paint/color; but Martin Senour makes a white that's called "Brite White".(It is a truly white paint) It's their trim paint, no mixing required. We used it for years on houses (I don't think you'll find a brighter white). Don't know your location, but you can go to Martin Senour to locate a store possibly in your area.

• Angela
    12 years ago

Sorry if this is a double-post - I don't think my first one went through. Anyway, I have BM Decorator's White in my house and it is very bright - I would describe it as really friggin white. :)

• iknownothingatall
    12 years ago

I use Benjamin Moore's Super White, premixed, right off the shelf.
    Love it.

• jessicaml
    12 years ago

Pre-mixed white
    Decorator's White
    Simply White

• cat_tail
    12 years ago

I also use Super White. It really is a crisp white, and as mentioned, premixed. I really like it.

• dianalo
    12 years ago

BM's Super White - Cabinet Coat for trim. It always looks good, but against the darker colors, it looks even more fabulous ;)

• erinct
    12 years ago

Another vote for Super White! We have it against antique white walls in one room and it really pops!

• maddybeagle
    12 years ago

BM Super White is what I used for the trim in the lavender study in this post. I've also used Pratt and Lambert Designer White in the past, which I really like as a BRIGHT, true white.

• anrol
    12 years ago

It is premixed and in Canada it is called BM Ultra White. We have used it for years and it is my favorite white for trim.

• bestyears
    12 years ago

Another BM Super White lover here....

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

We used BM Super White mixed up in Aura paint, matte finish for our kitchen/LR/DR/foyer/hallway walls and ceilings, and all three bathroom ceilings. It's a very clean white.

We love it, too!!

• gentryart
    12 years ago

In our first house, we did a white trim/beige wall combo and our builder thought we were insane. He'd never heard of such a thing. By the time we finished painting and he saw the end result, he really liked it. It wouldn't have worked unless the trim was super white. I wish I could remember the color name, sorry. Good luck, you're on the right track!

• vitamins
    12 years ago

I agree that whether a white is "warm" or "cool" does make a big difference, though I have no idea how you actually tell one from another. When I was looking for a white for my kitchen, the BM color consultant showed me her five favorite "warm" whites. We chose Mascarpone for the walls and Simply White for the trim, both of which are supposed to be "warm". My Millenium Cream granite is also supposed to be "warm", as is my Crema tile back-splash.

But how does one know what constitutes a warm or cool color?

• kristine_ca
    12 years ago

If I have trouble discerning the "undertone" in a white, I ask to see the actual color formula. That can tell you a lot when you see it has blue in it, or if it has yellow or umber. Years ago when we were painting the exterior of our house (DE Boulder Gray) the painter was trying to talk me into using DE Swiss Coffee for the trim, as it's a premixed color. I thought I saw yellow in it and asked to find one w/a gray undertone to better match both the paint and the white cladding on our windows. A test swatch looked terrible next to the gray. Turns out the Swiss Coffee did have yellow in the formula, so we found a white that had the same reflectance (brightness) but didn't include any yellow colorant.

• mom270
    12 years ago

Linen White is not a "white white." Definitely a yellow tinge to it. I have it and like it, but not white-white for sure. Two "white whites" I used for trim are Decorator's White and Simply White. I like the description of DW as "really friggin white." How funny!

• ttodd
    12 years ago

SW High Reflectance White. No color additives - right off the shelf. Somehow it seemed warm even though there were no pigments added. Seemed to reflect more light too. It really stood out amongst all of the other whites in the brochure.

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Exactly what ttodd said: SW High Reflectance White. I have been trying to pick out some white and accidentally went way too far to the super white side when I picked up that sample. I also have some SW Extra White which is nearly as white as High Reflectance, but just slightly less white. Both are much more white than they appeared in the sample brochure.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

I was also to say SW Extra White. That is the trim in our LR, and it is pretty bright. It is brighter than the Valspar white I previously used.

• texanjana
    12 years ago

I have BM Super White throughout my house, and love it.

• juddgirl2
    12 years ago

BM Linen White is yellowis in my house.

Decorator's White and SW Pure White are very white.