Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julieschrader

Can you name this fabric?

Jules
9 years ago

Can you name this fabric? Or have you seen these pillows for sale anywhere?

I'm searching (and searching and searching) dozens of websites for decorative pillows. Looking for soft colors -- white, tan, light blue, llight green. Floral. Cottage. Washed out.

These pillows are perfect, but other suggestions are welcome!

Comments (21)

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I also like this pillow and know the purchase source for this one.

I'm hoping you decor gurus will know about the first one I posted.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

Hmmm...seems like I've seen that pattern in a Pottery Barn or Pier 1 catalog. Looks like washed linen to me.

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

rhizo, it looks familiar to me also, but where oh where have we seen it?

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I don't think it would be Pier 1 (at least not ours), it isn't garish enough.

• stolenidentity
    9 years ago

LOL blfenton ! Where did you get the pic jujubean71? That is the best source. If you can't get an answer there I would take the pic to the fabric store and see if they have something like it. That is a pretty common kind of pattern in the decor stuff I've seen around here so it can't be too hard to get them or something much like them.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

I came across a couple pillows that remind me of the prints you are looking at. Not sure if they are washed out as much as you would like.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Window Toppers - Pillows

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for thinking of me, laurie. I do love hydrangeas, but yes, I think I'm holding out for fabrics with pale or washed out colors.

I should add that I'm trying to coordinate with the range shown below, which has proven rather tricky. I'll be blending various shades of light blue throughout the house, but there's an abundance of fabric and accessory options available in the more popular light turquoise tones.

I'm pillow and linen shopping in person today. Wish me luck.

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

haha blfenton. I have to stop by Pier 1 today for something else, and I'll giggle when I see their "garish" fabrics. I know what you mean, but I do like a lot of their merchandise.

Sasafras, I found the photo on a blog. I wrote to the blogger; she kindly wrote back and said she found the pillows years ago at a Canadian HomeSense store and couldn't offer further details.

• mlweaving_Marji
    9 years ago

Good luck today.
    If you don't find anything in person check with BrickhouseFabrics.com
    They've become my go-to source for novelty/ non-basic home dec fabric. Some is vintage, some is very hard to source, some is new/available everywhere.
    In just a quick look through their offerings right now I found this soft print in your colors - although not what you're looking for in terms of openness of print.

It's worth an email to them showing them what feeling you're looking for. They might know of something right away.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

This has a similar feel, although not as washed out. The color I think would be great with your stove.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabric

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

I thought the striped leaves looked familiar...This isn't the exact fabric, but it may be something you can use in one of the colorways.
    P Kaufmann 'Brissac' link below to some on eBay. Look at the first one in the link; it seems closest to the pillow colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: P Kaufmann 'Brissac' fabric

• bestyears
    9 years ago

I think the one in my link has a similar look and feel and isn't badly priced at $24/yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Fabric[(https://www.houzz.com/products/pale-aqua-delicate-floral-linen-fabric-prvw-vr~10859850)

This post was edited by bestyears on Tue, May 13, 14 at 10:42

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

bestyears, you have FOUND it! I did a bit more sleuthing with the image from Houzz and found the fabric at the best price ($19.95) at the link below.

It's also available at 'OnlineFabricStore' at $21.65 a yard with free shipping on orders $50 and over. You can buy a sample there for $1.50.

Here is a link that might be useful: P. Kaufmann Retreat Blue Citrine Fabric

• mlweaving_Marji
    9 years ago

SuperSleuth
    There is an Etsy seller making that fabric into pillows and selling them for $40 - less than if you bought the fabric and had to pay a workroom to make them

Here is a link that might be useful: pillows

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Are you kidding me?

This is a prime example of why I LOVE GARDENWEB!

Thank you sooooo much bestyears, my3dogs and mlweaving. You are all SuperSleuths! :)

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

jackson, that's a pretty fabric also. Thanks.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

Can I just say that your range takes my breath away! Stunning!

• bestyears
    9 years ago

You are so welcome!

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I ordered the pillows tonight on Etsy. So happy!

• User
    9 years ago

Your range is fabulous! It is a blue my mother used to call either "cadet blue" or "French blue." It is hard to match because many people seem to see it as a shade of periwinkle. I love that dusty color and cannot wait for the reveal.

• Jules
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. I can't wait for the range to arrive. Next week! It's called Provence Blue by the manufacturer. I have a car that's a similar shade of blue, and I do sometimes see a hint of periwinkle. I wasn't it love with the color at first because I'm so used to the light turquoise blue, but the color has grown on me.