Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fiteplace for family room

Posted by chloenkitty (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 18:13

Our kitchen has 9' ceilings and is open to the family room with 16' high ceilings. The outside long wall has French doors and all windows to the ceiling, the short wall has all windows to the ceiling, and we are putting a fireplace in. The first pic attached is actually of my inspiration kitchen open to the family room, but this family room does not have the high ceiling like mine, however, I have a very similar sectional and that will be almost exactly how my kitchen will be so I wanted you to see the style.

I have 3 fireplace styles I like and don't know which to choose. I currently have in my existing home a white wood fireplace with a neutral color glass mosaic tile front and I really like it. I wouldn't mind another white fireplace with a glass tile front again or mother of pearl or even marble. I also like a white fireplace with stone front to add some rustic touches since our new home is in the mountains and surrounded by large pines. The home style inside is soft contemporary with rustic touches like a distressed hardwood floor. If I did a white fireplace, I may have a large custom mirror put over it to add height to it for balance in the room.

The second type of fireplace I like is all stone either all the way up to the ceiling or not. But since we have the space, then why not. The only hesitation with this is we will have a stone fireplace out on the screened porch and when we finish my husbands mancave in the basement, we will probably to stone.

Lastly, I do like the look of the fancy marble fireplaces. I will attach pics for you to see what styles I am talking about. I do love a white fireplace, but will it be too stark and contemporary? Will the stone be more in keeping with the surroundings of the house? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fiteplace for family room

Here is an older pic of the family room as it's being built. Fireplace will go on that wall to the right. Sorry I don't have a newer pic.

o

White fireplace with mirror over (if this style, what type of facade on fireplace, stone, tile, marble?)

o

I'd go with stone if that is the view out your windows.

o

This is beautiful minus the poor dead animal :(

o

Another style

o

This is what I mean by a stone front with a white fireplace. I like all 3 of the styles I've shown and mentioned, but it's really between the white with probably a tall mirror above and the tall all stone fireplace. I'd love your opinions. Thank you

o

I also like this type of stone. Doesn't look as rustic as some. The roundness has a soft look about it.

o

Good point tibb. Here's the actual wall the fireplace will be on so yes, you will see pine trees all around when looking out the windows

o

Yes, river stone is nice because of its smoothness. I like the stone Fps.

o

In your room, I would go all stone and take it all the way up.

You could also do a taller carved marble w/ a spot for a built-in mirror (I'm putting a picture of ours below so you can see what I mean about the spot for the built-in mirror--- we have a TV there but you could easily do a mirror)

o

This is gorgeous

o

So is this one!

o

Beagle, your fireplace is stunning! Was thinking of something like that in our bedroom

o

Love that last one, Chloe.
Also, might be a nice idea to have a raised firebox, if you can with a gas FP (presumably yours will be gas?).

o

What is a raised firebox?

o

Certainly the floor to ceiling stone provides wow factor, but I'm not so sure it's easy to live with. I'd be concerned that the stone all the way up will be overwhelming in the space...almost feel like it's coming down on you. To be honest, I am not a fan of the river rock...somehow it always looks like lizard skin to me...

And then it presents the problem of what do you do with all that stone? You might break it up some with a raised hearth and a mantel, but then where do you go?

Of the designs posted, I prefer the more traditional white with the mirror above. I think it's warmer, softer and easier to live with. It also gives you the opportunity to do something interesting with the moldings in the overmantel so it's handsome, but not so bold.

Or better yet, the warmth of the wood.

o

I vote for # 1....the white with the mirror. It's classic and you won't tire of it. The all stone fireplaces I think overwhelm the room and I think it's easier to get tired of that look. They look busy and could be harder to decorate around. If you really want to incorporate stone, I like the one with a little stone with the white surround (you could still do a mirror above)....best of both worlds?

o

A few thoughts...

A 16' wall of anything is a little overwhelming, but of stone, even more so. And you'd be surprised how just a few tweaks make stone in style or out ... the color, the shape (eg stacked versus pebble, etc etc). I'd hate to have a whole wall of something that looked "out" in 5 years.

I really like the option you posted here:
Posted by chloenkitty (My Page) on Tue, May 6, 14 at 18:29

The touch of stone gives a nod to the exterior, but still works with the bling you want in the kitchen. Too much stone will feel lodgey not bling-compatible.

o

I have a brick fireplace (not pretty), and let me tell you, it is HORRIBLE to decorate around. Brick and stone in general are challenging, IMO, for a FP. I strongly suggest you use them only under the mantel-- a smooth surface above.

I am dreaming of the day I can drywall the top of mine . . .it won't be too expensive, but I need to make sure I can get someone to do it right due to the safety aspect.

o

The fireplace should be part of the design of the house rather than reflect what is outside the windows. Ideally, the architecture will suit the setting and the fireplace would be,congruent with both.

Not having seen any elevations or anything except plans for the kitchen, I would vote for the fireplace with the least stone in the photo posted by the OP at 18:29 on Tuesday. The heavy stone fireplaces you posted, kitty, are mostly in rooms with lower ceilings. The effect of heavy stone is very different when there are ceiling beams or trays with lower ceilings than when you have a 16 foot column of stone, especially in a house that s not designed as a rustic mountain or river residence, iykwim.

o

A stone FP will never, ever go out of "style." Stone is classic and what's more, you don't see it that often. Just don't get that fake looking stuff.

I would take it to the top also. The second picture that Annie posted is just stunning!

Here is a partial picture of our FP. It's pretty tall. Since we live in an area that loses power during ice storms, we built a Rumford FP, and it's also made for cooking, which we've done many times!

Ignore the junk on the mantel. It's long gone. :)

photo IMG_4380_zps9625f154.jpg

o

Regarding the last few comments I received, I do agree about the stone going all the way to the top, it has always bothered me and I thought almost looked odd to have this very high narrow stone wall, but yet I worried all white would look stark. I think mtn was talking about a certain pic I posted, but didn't say which one exactly, unfortunately. Perhaps the best of both worlds would be the white with the tall custom mirror above with stone on the front of the fireplace in softer colors. Thank you

o

One other thing that occurs to me is that stone all the way up is probably going to have dust collecting in all the nooks and crannies. I wouldn't want to deal with the dusting.

o

I disagree about stone not going out of style. It can and does as even stone styles can speak to a particular era or region. All you have to do is look at any of a number of makeover shows where they're ripping out fireplace facades and replacing them with something else. Or how many people say, stuck with the fireplace for now as I can't afford to redo it....

If you do decide to do stone, you need to work with your mason on the tightness of the joints....how closely the stones are placed together and how much grout shows. I was stunned at the difference even though we were looking at the same stone...I told my mason I wanted the stone really tight. It is a lot more work and more expensive, but he complied and I'm pleased with the result.

Almost no grout, more dry stack:

Lots of grout:

The other consideration is the full dimension of the room. We saw a pic but have no idea the size of the room. If you have a very large room then a fireplace to the ceiling will be less overwhelming than if the room is smaller. You don't want to get that "elevator shaft" feeling in the room, and a fireplace to the ceiling will draw your eye up and reinforce that impression in a small space.

o

Chloe,
I was referring to the photo you posted at on Tue, May 6, 14 at 18:29?

I think stone can really carbon date a room. Right now stacked is in, but i was not long ago that people ripped that out or painted over it. There are exceptions --- IMHO, if the rock is indigenous, and the style of the home is "natural" with lots of references to nature (like a log cabin or a ski chalet), then it may in fact be timeless.

But rock used as a feature in a room like Chloe is showing, will definitely go in and out of style. By using it just around the firebox, it's pretty easy to update.

o

You know the stone trend is at the tail end, right? This was a unique deal about 10 years ago but it is beginning to wane as suppliers and contractors rush to use their supply before the trend fades like navel rings.

o

OH, I just saw the pic you posted of the actual space. Wow! Now I'm jealous. I love fireplaces with windows on each side. I hope you've got a couple of lights out there so you can see the snow falling as you sit by a fire at night, or rain…i.e.: get the ambience. I've always wanted that.

I'm with Oakley on this. Natural materials never go out of style, i.e.: stone, wood, etc.

What if you did a rugged rock fireplace with a heavy stone or reclaimed beam mantel, and then did the rest of the wall up to the ceiling in a rustic wood, i.e.: reclaimed wood? So beautiful. Great with the views on either side, compliments the floor you're putting in, and you can decorate it beautifully.

o

Raised firebox: The box where you have the fire is up off the floor a couple of feet versus down at floor level.

o

I'm sorry, but I can't wrap my brain around rock going out of style. It's been loved since people started using it for fireplaces years ago. The thing is, it's pricey and not that many have it, and not because it's out of style.

What I do hope goes out of style is river rock and the faux rock.

Tib, I love that FP!!

o

I mean faux rock is going out of style. We have friends with real stone that has been in their homes for a long time, two families who brought it back from their vacation properties over the years, and now they are seeing such a big faux rock trend that it has begun to diminish the look of what they have.

o

Sure, STYLES of rock AND wood go out of style.

For example, right now most people putting in new wood floors are choosing darker, walnut tones. The PO here has pickled wood floors, hello 80s, oh my! I put in wideplank pine in a honey color, which is out, but which I chose because I have a 1902 farmhouse and this is what would have been original. But, that said, my floor, in a vacuum (ha ha) is out.

Indigenous stone in a lakehouse or skihouse, never out IMHO. But taking that look into a transitional style home in a development, that is more of a trend.

The natural stacked stone came "in" maybe 5 years ago, btu before that it was an MCM vestige that people ripped out.

a>

o

My 2 cents: because it's such a dominant feature in the room, this is one of those features with which you want to go more subdued and conservative--its mere location will make it a focal point anyway, so you don't have to do something unique to draw the eye to it. It should complement the setting and those lovely views.

I would not do any material floor-to-ceiling, paneling or stone... that look always seems to truncate the lower half of the room. The height of your windows offer enough upward linear movement.

I second Mtn's suggestion for the photo posted at 18:29. It has elements that will tie in your kitchen and the outdoor setting.

Saying this, although the fireplace is a permanent fixture in a home, we have refaced our fireplace surround twice in the past 12 years. It's like a backspash in your kitchen... it can become dated, but if you reach a point at which you want a change, it's possible. Messy, but possible.

o

The stone-or-brick-or-marble-or-granite-framed-with-wood look (last 3 of AnnieD's pics) are a standard which will remain in style (or timeless or not dated - there are those words again!).

Another possibility for a more sleek look is a marble or granite only surround.

For floor to ceiling, the only examples I've seen which seem to have held up over the years is an ultra-modern look with white or dark bricks in a stacked bond.

The massive, rough stone fireplace is more forgiving in a rustic/lodge/cabin type room. The more rustic (wood beams, paneling, etc.), the more the stone will fit even when it goes out of style.

o

In our last home, someone had put black granite around the fpl in the DR, over old tile (1904 iirc). We were able to put white marble over the granite, for a third layer! Not sure if I have a good photo of it, but you'd never know!

You may want to talk to your carpenter/mason about how to design the facing and or the molding profile to enable you to tile over it in the future if you might want to. Might be easy to design it that way, and it sure would be cheaper and less messy down the road...

o

Oakley, I would kill for that FP! I don't think I've ever seen one I like better.

IMO, Fps should be predominant and the focal points of gathering rooms, and the reason is that they always were, and are, the thing around which people gathered, namely for warmth (in the old days). But they beckon people to gather together, and that is a good thing. That is also why, so often, in rustic lodges, you see great rooms with huge rock fireplaces. They create that aura of warmth and congregating. A great room with a great fireplace is, IMO, a treasure.

I do think that, if you don't take the fireplace material up to the ceiling, the FP itself will look dwarfed and puny on that very tall wall. Make it stand out. That is one gorgeous wall.

o

Mtn, we're on the second layer of our FP. I'm pretty sure we could go for a third, too, down the road. Who knew? If our home lasts 100 years, someone's going to be peeling away materials on my FP like layers of paint on my walls!

o

I also don't think stone will ever go out of style, it's so warm and cozy. With all your helpful comments and thinking about it, I am leaning more towards a white fireplace with a custom built large mirror over the top of it and perhaps a Calcutta marble front. I don't think that will ever go out of style. I also like a stone front, so it may be either one of those. Also, I don't think the builder would have used real stone, although I would love that, I'm sure it is super expensive. I know he isn't on the outside pillars of the house.

This first picture is how I would like the mirror to be if I do this. Thoughts?

o

Here is a stone front I like if I do white with mirror above.

o

I'm also liking this marble for the front. Thinking it would be in keeping with the kitchen and be timeless. Who would have thought this would be a tough decision, but it is such a focal point!

o

Those are both nice.

If it were a real masonry fpl, it would probably already be built. So it is probably not a "real stone" fopl. But that does not mean it would be fake stone, however.

Your fireplace will probably be built out of some material other than stone, and then, if you want the stone look, it is faced with stone. It is called "veneer", which i think is bad marketing. All it means is they take real stone, and slice it in 3-4" thicknesses, and then apply it (almost like tile) to the surface.

It is fake in that you did not build a fireplace out of stone, but it is real in that the stone is totally real.

You might be amazed at all the choices of stone veneer! Size, shape, variation, color, smoothness.

o

The veneer is likely NOT real stone. More like tinted, molded concrete of some sort.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cultured Stone

o

No, sorry, I have veneer. I got it at a stone yard. It is clearly, unequivocally stone.

There is fake stuff, but my point is you can use real stone on a fireplace that is not a real, masonry fpl.

I listed my source below. I don't recall where you are CK, and I don't think it was my area, but this is what is available where i live.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is where we got stone

o

Oak, your FP is really lovely. I like that there is a lot of uniformity to it with texture, but as Annie pointed out-- not too much mortar showing. (I am in the camp where less mortar is always better!)

o

We used real stone veneer on our great room fireplace. It is unequivocally stone. It is, in fact, the same stone we used on the front of our house. Which was also veneer, but also real stone.

I agree, it is a terrible name for it b/c it sounds fake but it is NOT fake.

Outside:

Fireplace:

This post was edited by beaglesdoitbetter on Wed, May 7, 14 at 18:38

o

We used real stone veneer for our front facade and our wood stove surround. It is real new england field stone that is sawn thin so it doesn't have the weight and application difficulties of full sized stones. They use cutters at 90 degree angles to cut the corner pieces out of real stone.

Woodstove surround:

Close up of the interior stone:

Exterior stone:

Close up:

o

Your homes are beautiful, thank you for sharing

o

Does anyone like the idea of the white fireplace mantle with tall mirror above it with a stone facade?

o

Stone going out of style? I had it in my first home in CA 30+ years ago, and have it in my 6yo home in TX where stone is very popular since so many different types are mined here. I love it, and it can be formal or informal, depending on your style. Some do look more rustic than others, but i've even seen those in formal rooms and still very pretty.

I have a chunky, dark stained Oak mantle that sets the stone off beautifully, but have seen other types of mantles used also~it's one of those personal things again.

I don't think i've ever seen stone with a mirror above, usually a picture/grouping of pictures. While I do like the traditional white painted style, the stone has a bit more pizazz IMO.

o

Wasn't speaking to anyone's home in particular but in a general sense. The impression I have is that the fake stone has a larger market than real stone veneer, because of cost and because most consumers probably don't know the difference. I could be wrong - hard data would be useful.

My guess, too, is that the fake stuff would probably be OK indoors but I'd wonder about the longevity in outdoors use. I base that on the look of another cost cutting measure used in the 1950's - concrete brick. Some developments in the Chicago area used them - 'brick' formed out of concrete with coloring added to give the appearance of brick. It definitely does not look as nice as real brick after many decades. Of course, with stone veneer, it's cheaper to replace than something that's an integral part of a wall.

Sorta like real wood veneer and wood-look laminate, eh? Each has its place and use, I suppose.

o

The people that are defending stone, rightfully so, are missing the point. Some stone will go out of style. Not because is is a bad material but because people will eventually want to jump on the next wagon. Various people have discussed the same point in this thread but I think it bears repeating.

The lovely marble subways in everyone's kitchen right now WILL date and go out of style. Same goes for the craftsman revivals with stacked stone on the exteriors.

A carefully chosen stone that truly works with the house could avoid the dreaded dated label. But if stone ends up being the new decor trend the popularity will eventually cause people to want to move on to the next thing.

o

In keeping with the OP question, does anyone like the idea of a white mantle with a large custom mirror above it with either an attractive stone or marble facade? Patty cake, I wouldn't do an all stone fireplace with mirror over it, I was talking about a white fireplace with mirror over it like this pic.

I'm not too concerned right now about real stone vs veneer etc

o

I think the most important thing for your FP in that space is going to be scale...you don't want a small hole at the bottom of a giant stack. You will need sufficient weight and mass at the base to anchor the FP, a hefty mantel visually, and an over mantel that can stand up to the power of all the glass and surrounds. None of that speaks to style.

I think the other separate yet important element for you to decide is, what style do you want for your house? Do you want it to read formal? Traditional? Rustic? Cottage? Contemporary? Craftsman? Country? Notice I said for your house, not your room, as this is just one piece of the overall feeling the house will give. This is an important element in the house and it should be consistent with the house in total.

Once that's decided it will help steer you towards which materials will work best for you, be they stone, wood, or whatever....I suspect that if you're this far into the build, that has already been decided....

o

With your big beautiful space and with the trees right outdoors, I honestly don't love the look of that one you posted. To my perspective, I also don't like the really tall narrow mirror over the mantle of a different size.

I think you need more "drama" for the size/scale of the room and to me that one you posted looks more at home in a simple dining room (like the one where it is) than in a main living area with high ceilings.

I would do more like this if you wanted a mirror and something whiteish

More substance and a bigger firebox.

o

Annie, I did post earlier in the messages that the style of the house (not just the room) is soft contemporary with rustic touches. For instance, the floor throughout is a wide plank distressed hickory, light furnishings, white kitchen cabinets, I like crystal. I love Restoration Hardware for example.
Beaglesdoitbetter, that pic I posted of the fireplace with the mirror is not "the exact one" of course, but a look I am interested in. A nice white fireplace with a substantial mirror above perhaps to give it some substance to go with all those windows and high ceilings.
I do love the look of stone, but I just don't think I can do stone all the way up to the ceiling as it just bothers me. I love to decorate my mantle for holidays and I think all stone is nice in the fall and winter, but not so much during easter and spring. Summer I also like to put a little beachy look on the mantle.

o

Also, Beagle, could you post a pic of your stone fireplace, if it goes up to the ceiling, in a long shot view so I can see the whole thing and how it looks in a room. Sometimes I do not like how a fireplace can look when its all the way to a ceiling so I'd like to see yours. Thanks

o

The more I look at it, most of the fpl you are showing that you like CK are not in double height rooms. Double height is very difficult to decorate around.

For example, do you like this look that AD posted?

Because I think it looks kind of odd, like a big white stripe with a puny fpl. So even though i think i recommended that look in an earlier post, i think it looks a bit odd in a double height room.

How big is the room itself? If it is large enough, i may totally reneg and suggest stone again. If I were you I would only look at fpl in double height rooms to get ideas.

o

chloenkitty it does go to the ceiling. Here is a full picture.

o

We have a white/wood one too in our sunroom which has high ceilings but is not double height. I really don't think the white wood would make as much of an impression as it should in your room... but maybe that's just me.

Here's our white wood in our high ceiling sunroom:

o

I would leave the wall plain instead of going all the way up with white wood and a tall mirror. Mtn's right, it does look odd. And very formal.

Annie brought up a good point. You need a large firebox because of scale.

o

Beagles, I don't mind your fireplace going all the way up because you have the built ins. It doesn't make it feel odd to me like some do that go all e way up. I also think the one in your sunroom is prob close to scale of our 16' ceilings, but your walls slant and mine don't.

Mtn, I don't care for all that white wood going all the way up the wall. I think I'm going to stay away from something all the way to the ceiling because I can only imagine the cost and work if I ever want to take something really high down. And how to clean it?!

Dee, what kind of stone do you suggest I could use on the front of a white mantle that will stand the test of time and not go out of style?

The ceilings are 16 ft high and the room is 17x17 I believe, but is open to the kitchen which is 20x17.

o

My room is also 17x17 but we dont have the height that you have. our ceilings are 10'. The fireplace is full masonry so that we could burn wood if we wanted to but put in a gas insert. Our home is eclectic-a bit of rustic and modern. We had originally planned to take the stone all the way up but decided not to and I'm so glad we didn't.

photo DSC_3254_zps61f0007b.jpg

photo DSC_2696.jpg

o

I agree with all of what you say which is why I like the last one I posted the best:

The one above has enough mass in the "stone" mantel and yet doesn't overwhelm the space by going all the way up.

But it's not clear to me where the fireplace is going...I'm assuming that, since I see no structure for it, the fireplace will be going fully inside the room so the entire firebox will be bumped out into the room as opposed to being mainly outside and basically flush with the outside wall.

If so, then that would mean that the box either gets capped or it runs all the way up to the ceiling as in the picture above.

But it is a more formal and traditional look than rustic...

o

Also, how starkly the fp stands out against the wall is a function of the wall color....

o

This one is interesting as it mixes materials to help break up the overall height.

This might be something else to consider...the top of the overmantel tapers so it is less massive.

Here's an example where the overmantel is capped before the full height of the ceiling.

This one has a graceful shape.

Here's one where they kept the material the same, but mixed up the patterns.

o

Annie I love the first one you posted, wish I could see a full on front pic of it. The second pic is absolutely stunning, I love it, but know I wouldn't do it. Great pics and ideas, thank you.

o

I love this room! The ceilings are not as high as yours but maybe can give some inspiration?

In the blog are details of everything and photos of building the fireplace as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to photos

o

If it helps you at all, the designer did provide dimensions for the fireplace above (sheet rock, no overmantel) as follows:

The fireplace is 7’ wide. The mantle is 10’ wide and 5’ tall. The overall fireplace and box is 20’ tall so the box alone is 15’.

o

You've got a gorgeous house going.
I love all your windows in this family room. Given that your other spaces and your preferences seem to be towards white, I think you should keep this room light/white too. And given that you have windows all the way up, it seems that stone or some decorative element should also go all the way up.
I quickly did this mockup using two FP walls you said you like, and plugged them into your room. I don't have time now but if you'd like, later I'll plug in a version with stone going all the way up.
I think you have enough glass in this room to balance a stone to the ceiling look.

o

A little rough, but all stone.
It would make a difference when your other walls are creamy whites.

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Fri, May 9, 14 at 8:22

o

Those are both wonderful mockups!!

mlweaving, that is so nice of you! Sure is helpful to get an idea in a photo before moving forward.

I think no matter what you choose its going to be stunning!

o

Great mockups, mlweaving, and I agree that is so nice of you to help with this. Both are stunning. I would love both of them were it my house.

I agree with those who have said the firebox needs to be large, both in width, but in depth as well. I hope you've considered the depth as that is what will drive the heating efficiency. Ours is built to be convertible. We're using it with gas logs, but those could be removed and the fireplace used as a wood burning fireplace (has a true chimney) and the firebox is deep as well as wide.

o

Chloe, before you build the FP, have you all decided how you will use it? When we built our FP, the very first thing we took into consideration was how much heat we want from it. We were without power for 3 weeks once, and that's why we decided on a cooking Rumford, because it heats over a 1000 sf.

It's how the firebox is designed. Depth doesn't make it better.

Below is a link to show you what a Rumford looks like inside. There's more to it as it goes up the chimney, but that I can't explain. lol.

Just make sure you spend a lot of time on the workings of the FP, which a lot of people don't because they're more concerned at the aesthetics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rumford

o

Playing with images. I find it really helps to visualize via photoshop.
This one is white stone, with a mirror over the mantel. Mirror is the Beaded Floor Mirror 44w x 79"tall, from Neiman Marcus. I was trying to get one that would be in proportion.

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Fri, May 9, 14 at 21:18

o

Typical white mantel with marble surround and drywall above FP

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Fri, May 9, 14 at 21:43

o

Wow mlweaving, that was so kind and sweet of you, thank you so much :) I'm so happy as it helps to have a visual. I love the first one! Seeing that stone I like makes me like it even more. The paint on the walls will be a beige with maybe a touch of gray in it. Looking at accessible beige, shaker being, grant beige, revere pewter, Hampshire taupe étc

I hate to ask, but if you have a moment, can you show me a regular fireplace size in white with that first stone front to it with a mirror over it. That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. The mirror I'm thinking of will be oversized but not super duper huge. I was thinking of having it in probably a white molding. Thought about a silver frame, but probably white.

You guys have all been a big help, I'm so grateful. I don't know anything about fire box, depth, etc. We just have a builder, no architect, etc so a lot of things like that I don't even know to ask! The builder did ask how we would use the fireplace, which will be gas, and we told him it of course won't be the main heat source of the house, but we do want it to provide heat should we not want to turn the heat on or it's just a bit of a chilly night etc

Thank you :)

o

Does anyone know what this stone and color combo might be called? Stone type is more important I guess, so I can start searching for it. I think the colors and shapes are on the soft side, that's why I like it.

o

OK Chloenkitty, Here you go.
I'm happy to do it. I'm going to say here though that I think with the 16' of height you have, with windows all the way up, the fireplace wall proportion just looks a bit off to me - to treat it as if it were a 10' ceiling and ignore the wall above that line.
I put this in in the proportion considering this photo probably came from a room with a 10' ceiling, and it seemed to fit that way horizontally without a lot of finagling, so it's probably right.
I also went looking for a mirror with a white frame - they all looked too Beachy or too Walmart. I ended up choosing a mirror from Uttermost that is a gold/silver leaf finish.
The stone is Fieldstone.

IMO you can easily work with this fireplace opening, with a fieldstone surround, with a white mantel and a mirror above, but I really think you need to think about trimming out your wall all the way up in some manner that is complimentary to the rest of your decor.

o

chloenkitty You have a spectacular home going on! I really like the last FP for your room but having trouble getting on board with the mirror, Maybe art or the paneled painted wood.
The stone in the picture you posted looks like sandstone. The natural stone veneer company we bought from (Pinnacle Stone) had a very similar ledge/sandstone. There are MANY to choose from.
Those mock-ups that Marji - did Wow! This board is so great.
So helpful.

o

Chloenkitty, I am off my bandwagon and my thoughts are only for you as you are the one who is building and who has to love the house, has to make the payments, has to clean the house and keep it up, but how many people in that area have stone fireplaces? Does the next door neighbor, the lady across the street, 2-3 people down the street? Is that something you have taken into consideration, whether you want to be just like them or want to be individual, whether you want to take yours out when they decide years down the road to take it out or do you want to hear realtors in the future telling you people like your house but not the big column of stone? I am just saying..... wood fireplace with some stone or some marble, etc., is classic, has been and will be around as it is in England and France, and other European countries, and will still be in style whenever I am pushing up the daisies. I just want you to be happy long term, not just today. However, the final decision should be left to you, your husband and your architect after a thoughtful discussion and contemplation.

This post was edited by patricia43 on Fri, May 9, 14 at 20:44

o

Patricia, I have already ruled out the stone fireplace up to the ceiling.
Mlweaving, you're incredible. Again, so nice, thank you. I would do a larger mirror and do like that frame you added. I thought if I did white, however, I would have it done in a way that wood molding would be purchased to go with the fireplace and custom made. I cannot wrap my head or thoughts around having anything all the way up to,the ceiling for some reason, whether it be stone, a large white panel, etc. Should I have a center widow installed on the very top in what would be dead space? This is a toughie.
I also think I found something that says the stone on that fireplace I like that you photoshopped for me is "tumbled antique east coast granite. The mortar free rocks fit together like a puzzle" could that be this stone? Where on earth do I find something like that because I'd bet my bottom dollar, no one around here has it!

o

Are you doing a zero clearance fireplace, the kind that you don't have to have a chimney for? If so , you might be able to put a window high, although I think it would look odd. And if you're putting in a regular fireplace, the area going up is a chimney box - can't put a window through a chimney!

At least having made the decision that you're not doing stone all the way up is a step towards a decision. I think that you probably need to look through more pictures of walls with windows flanking fireplaces, to see what you want to do with that expanse of wall.
The windows and your view are just lovely!
I'm building right now too, and between my trim carpenter and I we came up with something that I LOVE above my FP. I guess my builder went over there yesterday after it was finished and said "Looks nice, Is that what she wanted?". The trim carpenter looked at him sort of incredulous - um, yes, it's what we came up with together.
If you have a good trim carpenter you might talk to him about ideas too.

o

Using this as inspiration,
I photoshopped this into your room. It's an idea about how to handle that wall above the mantel.

o

Mlweaving, I just found that pic too and loved it. You like it? Here's a pic where a window is above. I don't have an extra window up top in center, I think it looks nice. That room is close to my style which enforces to me a white fireplace is the right direction.

o

Wow, I had to do a double take on that wall. Again, it really depends on your chimney situation.
I do really like that last picture I posted at 21:15 for your house. I can see that combination of materials and trim package with your inspiration kitchen. The colors are soft, the proportions are good. I'm not sure about the mirrors, but I was just trying to cover up the artwork from the original pic. The mirrors or a mirror are something that can be chosen later.

I don't know whose room it is that you just posted, and I hope I'm not offending anyone here if it's their room - but I have to note that I really really don't like the drapery panels that cut those window panels below the belt. I feel that they're saying they wish they'd put in a 9' ceiling, or that they didn't want to spend the $ for the fabric to take the panels to the top. Bad look IMHO.

o

I took that pic off Pinterest lol so no worries. I am going to ask our builder about a chimney etc. It is a gas fireplace. I'm also going to show him the pics you did for me as well as the one with the added window.

o

I love this. Of course I couldn't do it because of all the windows, but I have always loved a brick wall. I always wanted a brick wall and hardwood floors in my bedroom or living room.

o

Mlw did a great job photoshopping the pics...love the inspiration shot.

Just talk to your builder or whoever, as you are planning this, to find out how far into the room the FP will be. The FP will be proud of the back wall so the windows will be recessed, not flush as they appear in the pics. I just don't know by how much. So that if you choose to stop the FP short of the ceiling, you will need to have the sheet rock box continue up anyway, else have a deeper ledge at the top.

o

Cloenkitty, it looks as though your house is at the midpoint of construction and yet you do not have a lot of the basic finish materials selected. You'll be making a lot of decisions in a rush just like this one. It might be worth your while to spend a few hours with an interior designer to help clarify your ideas and come up with materials that will provide a consistent look to the interior of your home.

o

What KSWL said. The ID and architect should have been working with Chloe, the contractors and subs.

o

I was just thinking about all the recent stressful events in Chloenkitty's life, coupled with the fact that she is doing all this on top of working full time. This project is practically a full time job in itself. I think some well timed design advice would be a big help. Cloenkitty, I would be one step from a breakdown if I were in your shoes!

o

I have been following your post and it always fun to see all the great ideas out there.
I like the idea of stone all the way up to the ceiling, but obviously some things are personal likes.
I noticed you said you like brick fireplaces and thought you should check out HGTV's dream home with a room similar to yours done in a white painted brick with large artwork over the fireplace. Very pretty.
I don't like the different height windows though.
http://hgtv.sndimg.com/HGTV/2014/02/28/hgtv-05-sh14-great-room_h_lg.jpg

o

I measured today and there is 90.5 inches between the windows for the fireplace

o

Well everyone, if I only had the spare cash, I would love to hire a designer. Besides building the house, we need furniture, appliances, lighting, a very large fence. Don't know where the money would come from. Also, not saying I wouldn't do it, oh how I would love to, but people just don't that around here. It's not a big city or an area where people hire designers and architects. You meet a builder, pick your plans and he builds the house. Sad but true.

o

Here are some more pics of the room, view standing in family room looking into kitchen and from kitchen looking into family room. My husband thinks the builder thought we were doing a floor to ceiling fireplace, but I never told him that. He probably assumed we would want that because it's a two story room. I think I need to have him add a window up,top center.

o

Wall to left of fireplace wall with French doors

o

Standing in family room looking into kitchen

o

View from kitchen to family room

o

The ideal window may require some re-framing. It should line up somehow with the other windows, and right now it appears there is some horizontal blocking in that area.

You may want to do what you did on the other wall which means a window or windows bridging the entire space between the upper tier of existing windows. I think just poking another hole in the wall in the middle of it all will just add another layer of design problems.

o

Yes, it would have to be a larger window in the middle there like on the other wall, not one the same size as the other 4.

o

Yes, it would have to be a larger window in the middle there like on the other wall, not one the same size as the other 4.

o

I absolutely love this!

o

I found this one, thought it looked nice...

o

?? What do you think?
Chloe, I think what ineffablespace was saying is that you need to duplicate the window sequence you already have going on, rather than adding another size window, spaced differently, or else is becomes yet another design problem. In the attached photo I continued your upper line of windows around the room while still giving you a fireplace with mantel and wall space above. You can use any mantel box and trim you prefer, most that you say you love run along the same lines with some classic fluting or casing work. And white marble as a surround would work well with the design aesthetic you've got going on in the rest of the home.

www.artisticsurrounds.com
This schematic shows a pretty typical size range for the fireplace mantel/surrounds I've found. At 70" you would have 10" wall left on either side, which would, I think, be a nice proportion.

edit - added drapery panels

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Sun, May 11, 14 at 7:09

o

I love the one you posted that you state you love and I also like the one that beagles posted. I think you would love either of those. They just "look like you" based on the way your posts read. I think you would be happy with either. I hope your contractor can offer you a little more advice and he should have an ID that works with him that can counsel with you. I know this house is not cheap and I feel that he owes it to you, or even pictures of homes which he has done or draws his building from.

I agree with KSWL about what an awesome undertaking this is even if you had nothing else to do. I have no idea what the measurement you posted means. Wish I could help you. I am not as good with measurements as others here but I am hoping that with everyone else's help and your contractor your dream will be realized and to perfection.

o

Thank you all so much. Mlweaving, your post with measurements is a Godsend. Like Patricia, I am not good with measurements. For example, I had a dining room post going saying the room is 12x13 and the table I was looking at cane in 60" or 72" and the posts were all sounding like even a 60" was too big. We took panthers tape up yesterday and laid out the 72 x36 table and it looked like there was plenty of room for that size table, of course considering chairs would be there. Maybe I'm wrong, considering I'm not good with measurements,

Anyhoo lol, the last post from beagle was beautiful, but it was too heavy for me. I think the style and size fireplace mlweaving posted is perfect and I just may do the moldings from my last post. Mlweaving, I'm even going to show my builder your pic :)

His homes really are nice and we've seen a few he's done and friends of ours built with him twice, but again, I've never heard of anyone here in northeast pa hire a designer. Sad to say, but I don't know if I'd even like their advice as most people around here are traditional or even still country. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not me.

I've learned a lot from this post and thank you all so much. It is quite difficult for me as I think I explained because I work, take care of my own home and family, get current house in top top shape for sale, care for my sick mother, care for rescue animals and then on weekends we go to the new house and have been cutting down trees and scrub brush etc. To say I'm exhausted is an understatement lol. I can't wait until it's all over.

o

Sorry, but I think the formality of a number of the mantles and of the inspiration pictures you are posting is completely at odds with the glass wall that is going to surround it, which is a contemporary and casual style of architecture.

I think the glass wall with the fireplace could be great, but the fireplace should be simple.

o

I agree with pal that the formality of the FP is important. Frankly I'm not a fan of the windows over the FP...it's way too busy and distracting. There's something off putting about the glass and the massing of the FP. If you want your windows and view to stand out, then the simpler the FP is, the better.

o

So far I've been just photoshopping without adding much of my own opinions about preferenc (well, a little).
Having followed a few of your threads Chloe, I think it's fair to say that what you love all trends to white/neutral color rooms that do tend more towards formal than informal.
This is the kitchen which I believe you've said you're pretty much duplicating in toto, except that the color of the tile came in wrong.

This is the dining room chandy you've picked out

And the table and chairs

If it were me, I'd skip the windows above the fireplace, and leave the wall framed as is. If it were me, I'd do something like what I posted May 9, at 21:15, straightening out the moulding at the top where the inspiration pic shows an arch. The mantel and surround echo the lines of the dining table. I'd probably lose the stone though and do a white tile or white painted brick or a quiet white marble.
Or I'd do something like this, I think the lines of this mantel (without the line of dentil molding under the actual mantel) go well with your kitchen cabinetry.

Because your floor plan is open, all these elements from these rooms need to work together, so all elements should be taken into consideration when making decisions on any one of them.

o

The other consideration are light fixtures. Are you buying the light fixture for your eating area that is featured in your inspiration picture? I think I read that you were. I can't say I'm a fan of the combination of the MOP kitchen chandy and the crystal dining chandy. In fact, I'm not a fan of the dining room chandy with the rest of what you've got going on, period. It's too fussy, too formal.
Other question is, do you have a chandy going into your livingroom? You might consider having your builder put in a J-box up in that ceiling, in case you want to add one later.

o
RE: Fireplace for family room

You cannot see the dining room contents from the family room or kitchen. There is a hall between the kitchen and dining room. When you walk in the front door there is an entryway, the study is to the right and the dining room to the left. When you walk straight through the entry way and pass those two rooms, there is a hallway and to the right is a closet and powder room, to the left the hallway leads down to the pantry, mudroom/laundryroom. Those 3 rooms are after the kitchen. Of course when you enter and walk down the entryway, the view straight ahead is of the kitchen and family room open to each other.

The floors in the home are more rustic, so I picked the rustic dining room table and the chairs are more contemporary. As far as the chandelier, my feelings are it's a mix of contemporary and rustic with the metal being l guess a wrought iron. I don't want the house too contemporary or too rustic, I am trying to mix both.

I am getting confused now about the extra window. I thought it was a good idea since that space above the fireplace will be empty. I just don't want to go all the way up to the ceiling with any type of material for the fireplace. It just feels too bulky to me. As of right now I'd like to have the fireplace be a white mantel with either a carrerra or Calcutta marble or the stone front mlweaving has used for me in some of the pics she did. I do like the attached fireplace, but I just worry it's too contemporary and I would get sick of it. I also wouldn't want this or any stone or material all the way to the ceiling. As far as lighting for the family room, the electrician wired for a ceiling fan and a large chandelier, but I don't know what I'm putting there yet. He is also putting can lights here and there as I probably won't have table lamps because the furniture will most likely float in the middle of the room. I asked about an outlet in the floor, but the electrician did not like the idea of cutting the hardwood should we decide to move furniture around etc.

o

Pal and Annie, you don't think all that empty wall space above a simple fireplace will look odd? If adding more windows, it would just be the top row as above the mantle I would either do some moldings like the pic I posted at 21:23 or a large mirror. I wish I could find a pic of a wall like mine with a simple fireplace to see how it looks. I'll go back and look through mlweaving's posts and see if she posted one like that. I know a tall mirror would help, but then the space above it?! I should have just had a 9' ceiling with a nice tray ceiling or something, but thought all the windows would be nice with the trees for the view. I love and appreciate everyones opinions and want to do this right, but when one says add more windows and another says don't, it makes my head spin! I just want something that will look nice, make sense in the room and I won't tire of quickly. I actually did talk to a designer not too long ago and her ideas were way off from what I was looking for for the fireplace even thought I showed her pics of what I liked. I don't have time to go back and forth interviewing and talking to 100 designers, ya know :(

o

This is similar to how our widows are set up and it has a simple fireplace. I do not care for that molding design I the center.

o

I actually don't like anything about the last one at all. It looks like they neglected to put a floor on the upstairs, and that's how they created the double height.

Double height or tall ceilings should be more than simply leaving out the second floor over part of the house, and very often it's not.

I think at the very core of the problem you are having in making this decision is that you are doing something that is essentially contemporary--a double height room with a Lot of windows--and it doesn't seem like you like the contemporary style very much, and now you are trying to tack on traditional details to make yourself like it better.

It can't be both and be very successful --and I think the above picture is sort of an illustration of that, with apologies to whoever it belongs to. It looks like they couldn't figure out what to do with it so they put some moulding and large clock in the middle, and over the sofa the wall just gets ignored completely. None of it is in any sort of good proportion. The fireplace is too unsubstantial looking and the window size and shape seems random.

I think you have the opportunity to do it right either by having a substantial looking chimney that goes all the way to the top, Or by having the wall be essentially glass with a fireplace inserted in it. One is more traditional and one is more contemporary, but I think you have to decide what it IS --and whatever you do should Not be just to fill up space that you don't really know what to do with.

o

I had a double height room in our country house. I was fieldstone all the way up. Such a feature is either modern or contemporary ... And frankly an architect or designer could've steered you away if that's not your style. Builders not so much.

I never liked our fireplace and never found a solution. and then we sold it. Like yours, it was also too tall for the room, in that the ceiling height was also the width of the room. Popular with some, but most architects would steer you clear.
Most of the fireplaces you have said you like are in normal height rooms, and will not look right in your space. Better to face this conundrum now, while you have some choices to make. IMHO, windows are the best way to reduce the mass. And wait till you need to buy window treadments, especially if cost is an issue. Guessing in NE Pa., privacy won't matter but glare might. What exposure does the room have ?

I also strongly urge you to find a designer to work with. I guarantee you, even in the hinterlands there will be someone ! How far are you from say, Pittsburgh? I'd imagine that given the economy on that area you could find someone very reasonably!

Good luck. We all understand how stressful it is.

P.S. Use graph paper, not painters tape, and allow for chairs and walkways. I agree with the other post, 12x13 will be very tight ."

o

Never mind. I would make it French looking and she wants contemporary, I think.

This post was edited by patricia43 on Sun, May 11, 14 at 14:57

o

Palimpest I am not traditional at all, definately contemporary. I'm guessing you didn't read the post attached to the last pic because I posted that to say what i don't like in a room similar to ours. I don't like that look at all with the center molding. I've mentioned many times my style is contemporary with rustic touches. I guess you'd call it a soft contemporary. I want it light and airy yet lived in and comfy, not stark.

Kitschy, I am 5 hours from Pittsburgh. I started to work with a designer whose work was nice and was willing to charge an hourly fee consulting. However, everytime she sent me a pic of a fireplace design, it was way off from what I wanted. I can't afford to do that, have someone keep working on something and it just being way off from what I want and then paying for nothing.

And I thought my kitchen tile coming in the wrong color was frustrating. I was actually crying before after reading the last few posts saying not to put extra windows in because I was feeling pretty good thinking that was the right decision. I even sent my builder an emails and if I change it again he will think I'm crazy lol. I guess I a. Going a little crazy. I can't keep up with it all.

o

Palimpest I am not traditional at all, definately contemporary. I'm guessing you didn't read the post attached to the last pic because I posted that to say what i don't like in a room similar to ours. I don't like that look at all with the center molding. I've mentioned many times my style is contemporary with rustic touches. I guess you'd call it a soft contemporary. I want it light and airy yet lived in and comfy, not stark.

Kitschy, I am 5 hours from Pittsburgh. I started to work with a designer whose work was nice and was willing to charge an hourly fee consulting. However, everytime she sent me a pic of a fireplace design, it was way off from what I wanted. I can't afford to do that, have someone keep working on something and it just being way off from what I want and then paying for nothing.

And I thought my kitchen tile coming in the wrong color was frustrating. I was actually crying before after reading the last few posts saying not to put extra windows in because I was feeling pretty good thinking that was the right decision. I even sent my builder an emails and if I change it again he will think I'm crazy lol. I guess I a. Going a little crazy. I can't keep up with it all.

o

I was agreeing with you on the last picture.

But I hear you saying you like contemporary, but I am not seeing much contemporary in the pictures you are posting. Traditional skewing transitional, maybe:

This is the contemporary genesis of the glass surrounded fireplace:
 photo richardmeierdouglashouse3_zps76b28244.jpg

Which taken to its extreme is this:
 photo richardmeierdouglasshouse2_zps94011589.jpg

If your taste is soft contemporary, it doesn't mean something quite as stripped down as the first picture, or anything close to the second picture which is getting into minimalism, but they are pictures of "contemporary" in essence. Maybe you are using the wrong terminology for what it is you really like? Because other than the volume of the room you have (which is contemporary), everything else you are showing in terms of surface treatment/decor is transitional, if not primarily traditional.This might be why people are having trouble helping.

o
Soft contemporary

This is soft contemporary:

This is soft contemporary:
div>

This is transitional, even though its listed contemporary:

This is transitional (even though it's listed contemporary it's transitional contemporary)

o
transitional

o

Well transitional then. To me the pics you posted as contemporary are more modern, which to me was always minimal and stark, harsh lines. I don't like that for me. To me traditional is what my mother in law has. Traditional dining room table and chairs, hutch with glass doors on top, oak kitchen cabinets with a dark green granite countertop and 12x12 cerMic flooring. That's what we've always considered traditional here while what I've shown I like is considered contemporary. Believe me, that's contemporary for here. No matter what it's called though, I think showing pics of style and what one likes is more important than what it's called, but again, that's just me and this area. I know it's not the same lol, but where we live it's soda, we would never call it pop, it's hoagie, not grinder, etc. I guess it's all where you grew up. Not saying it's right, just the way it is. So yes, by your standards, I would be transitional. I don't care at this point if I'm pink with plaid polka dots lol, I just want to figure this out :)

This post was edited by chloenkitty on Sun, May 11, 14 at 16:35

o

Chloe, don't sit down and cry because people here are expressing their opinions about what they would do with your space.
It's all ideas. But it's YOUR house. The hope everyone has here by expressing their ideas are to get you to think, maybe see something you haven't thought about, maybe just help you filter your own ideas til you come to a decision about what you like best.
By seeing options you can better pick what YOU like. If what you like is a FP wall with windows, and you've seen in the pic what it'll look like in your room and that's what you want, then that's what you go with. Doesn't matter if it isn't what I would pick or what Annie or Ineffable would pic. I've got stuff in my house you wouldn't pick.
I do think though that Pal has a point about verbage. I've been trying to mock up some pic's based upon what you've shown you like, because you're really pretty clear about what you like in picking pictures of houses on Pinterest and Houzz. The challenge is getting the look from an inspiration pic that you like into your own house. Some things will look great in an inspiration pic that has a 9' coffered ceiling with fewer windows, but when put into the 16' ceiling room you have the look doesn't translate. Your windows are FABULOUS!! Your house is going to be beautiful.
Take all the ideas everyone are giving you here and filter through the lens of what you want your house to look like. How do you want to live? Then make your decision about what you want.
And understand that there are defined decorating styles. Pal is right on the money when saying that you're saying "contemporary" while showing pictures of what you like that are much more transitional, sometimes veering into the realm of traditional. So it's a little confusing to everyone who's coming up with ideas for you. You clearly have a style you like, and you consistently pick that style in your inspiration pictures. So don't get hung up on the words, but do learn them.

o

I think most of us mean contemporary when we speak of what is being done at the current time, as in postmodernism, post industrial or neoclassic, neotraditional. I think what Choenkitty wants is the new traditional.

o

P.S. My son who is an architect and got his first degree at the kudzu league, the second at the ivy league and the third as his urban design at the poly tech, says that contemporary as defined by most lay people is of the time.

o

Interesting Patricia and kudos to your son!

Mlweaving, people here didn't make me cry, the process did. Everyone here has helped me tremendously and I appreciate it more than I can ever say. It just gets to me sometimes having so much on my plate. I came home from work and seeing my mother, realizing on top of all of it, I still have a current house to keep clean and in tip top shape for selling. I just broke down because I wanted to figure this out and have other things to do as well. I'm tired, my brain doesn't stop.

I admit, I don't know all the design or architectural terminology, i never had to. I just know what my eye is drawn to. I don't know how this paint reflects that or the size a firebox should be or the size a chandelier should be in regards to the dining room table, etc. I've never built a home before. I'm 45 years old and we have saved a long time for this. I've just lived in a purchased home and filled it with things I love. I never had to start from the ground up let alone know all the terms, how everything works, what goes with this and that. I wish I had the time to sit and learn it all, but if don't. I have looked through hours upon hours of photos and these boards to help me pick what I like. I knew a two story room with windows would be nice with the views in our home, but it wasn't on the priority list for me. My husband liked it and he usually doesn't have too much to say, but that was one of the few things he really wanted. He's a guy, he didn't think about how a fireplace would fit into that style room and neither did I unfortunately! Not many other issues or problems thankfully. This has been the only thing to truly stump me, so it could be worse. Unfortunately this is a big part of the home, that's why I'm so into finding the right look and fit. Thanks again for all your help everyone.

o

Beagles I just saw your fireplace on houzz! I noticed it right away !

o

I am bad at paint, but what about something like this?

o

Not sure if this picture link will work, but this room kind of reminds me of your window configuration and has a simple fireplace w/ molding above.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here