Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cakelly1226

Please post pics of darker bedroom colors!

cakelly1226
11 years ago

I am painting my bedroom next week and thinking of going with Takami Mat from Behr premium. It is a darker beige with green undertones. I am not sure how a whole room will look in this darker tone. This is a larger bedroom and very bright so I am not worried about it being closed in.

Anyone want to post pics of their darker bedroom colors to ease my fears?

TIA!

Comments (28)

• IRuehl
    11 years ago

I dunno if this helps, but my room is in a darker green color.

Here is a link that might be useful: My master

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    11 years ago

IRuehl- SO pretty- I have seen your kitchen pics but I really should have looked at your whole blog!

• Suzy
    11 years ago

my master is smoked oyster by BM. it's a raisin color.

• User
    11 years ago

Mine is terra cotta and rust . We have 3 - 6ftx3ft windows so plenty of AM light. I love the way the colors change as the day goes by. Our trim is a very wide cream. srg and I ruehl I LOVE your rooms !

• ajc9
    11 years ago

I dont have a pic of my bedroom at the moment but we chose a very dark color and I loooove it. Benjamin Moore sharkskin. I'll post a link with the color. It is a dark gray green and sometimes a touch of blue mixed in.. What is your trim like? We have cream trim which makes it pop. I haven't put together my bedding colors yet but will go with simplicity...ivory perhaps...not sure what else...a barely yellow shade? Anyway...

I bet you'll love it! Our bedroom is large also...so it doesn't feel closed in..just cozy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore sharkskin

• ideamom
    11 years ago

You can see my bedroom wall color on my blog (link below)
    The color is by Sherwin Williams and called Utterly Beige. I love it. Very relazing, cozy color! No pink or peach undertones like alot of beiges.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedroom makeover

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

In the old house...

I went from a dark terra-cotta

to BM Willow Creek (the color to the left of the bed is more accurate)

• nhb22
    11 years ago

Mine is a darker golden tan with green undertones. BM Decatur Buff. Been a while since I posted pics.

I've since changed the bench into something more formal. Added more curtains, too! (no picture.)

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

I don't have a photo either, but I re-did my MBR about a year ago and used BM Alexandria Beige at my interior designer's suggestion. Love it! I formerly had Bennington Grey (BM) which is also a dark beige with grey-green undertones. I liked it as well. I will try to post a photo tonight or tomorrow. Our room is also light-filled and I have bedding that has light tones as well. I think you will be happy with a dark, but neutral, wall choice.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

No photo either, but I just painted out master BM Denim Wash (with BM Bright and Early ceiling).

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love all of these rooms! My color is similar to BM Sharkskin and Willow Creek- a darker beige with greenish undertones. You all sold me on going with a deeper, more saturated color. Will post pics after they paint next week!

• ttodd
    11 years ago

I love Brooke Shields Guest Room

{{!gwi}}

Source: google.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

• ajc9
    11 years ago

How fun! You will love it! I'll be curious to hear your bedding choices. I'm still debating on what to pair w my sharkskin color...leaning towards some ivory bedding from restorationhardware.com but apprehensive bc I can't seem to find many reviews....

• ttodd
    11 years ago

ajc9 - I can't vouch for the RH bedding like sheets & stuff, but back in the day when they used to have a wider choice of machine washable stuff I got a couple of pillow covers and they have held up very, very well. 2 of the euros I use for the floor pillows in the LR but mostly my dog sleeps on them. I think that they look as good now as the day I bought them I don't know how many yrs ago. Crappy pic - sorry!

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I only buy white bedding since I like to bleach when needed and I love the look next to my dark cherry furniture. I then add accent pillows for color. For years I had a simple duvet cover from pottery barn but it finally got holes. I am now using a cheapy one from Ikea until I find another white set I really love:)

• colorblind1961
    11 years ago

CKMG I have SW Tatami Tan in one of my guest rooms...it is almost an exact match to Behr's Tatami Mat - I have both color ships in my hand. Here is Tatami Tan in my guest room:

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Colorblind- thank you so much! It looks really pretty- super excited now!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

I couldn't find a bedspread or quilt that I liked for a spare bedroom so I decided to make a duvet cover and scarf valance. Based on my fabric, i decided I could use either a sage green or purple for the wall. I decided to try the purple and I love it. It actually looks better in person than in these cell phone camera pics but you can get the idea.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• hoosiergirl
    11 years ago

Ours is Delta Green by Porter Paints:

HTH!

• IRuehl
    11 years ago

Thanks gals! There are some beautiful rooms in here!

• ttodd
    11 years ago

I was wondering why my post to ajc9 wasn't showing up on her RH Bedding thread. Figured I forgot to hit Submit. Turns out I posted on the wrong thread. Der...

• ajc9
    11 years ago

Thefoxespad...no worries! I saw it here:). Sorry I didn't address you and mention a thanks! I loooove that armoire!!

• abbycat9990
    11 years ago

LOL! We have really dark rooms:
    Guest room is BM Lush (affinity line):

Master is BM Etruscan (also affinity) -

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I had mine painted today in Behr Tatami mat and I Love it ! I will post pics tomorrow. Also the Berh premium primer and paint in one is pretty amazing. My painter can't believe the coverage or the depth of color. Way cheaper than SW or BM too!

• nhb22
    11 years ago

Looking forward to seeing it. Will you post it here or start a new thread?

I am thinking of painting my bedroom a lighter color.

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Got home too late to take decent pics:( promise to post tomorrow!

• User
    11 years ago

Hoosiergirl - I normally don't gush over all white bedding but your room is stunning with the white against the beautiful bed and green walls!

My bedroom is painted SW Dromedary Camel. I'll take a photo hopefully tomorrow.

• hoosiergirl
    11 years ago

Thank you, Shee! We love it ;)