Mon, May 6, 13 at 17:42
|My house has orange/red brick and the roof is estate gray. I need help deciding what color to paint the siding and trim. I will be replacing the garage door and am considering a steel Clopay garage door from the Gallery collection in dark oak but can't make up my mind. I can't seem to pull all the colors together to make the house look nice. |
Any advice on paint and garage door colors will be appreciated!
|I think I'd go with charcoal grey and black anywhere there is currently tan/taupe. Shades of gray will go with the roof and look better with the brick, IMO!|
|I think a light gray would be nice; a dark gray with that roof overhang would just be too much dark in my opinion. I would consider black trim along the roofline though and white every where else. I would paint the garage door the same light gray so that it blends in with the house as much as possible. A cheery, glossy red-orange door would brighten it up. |
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here