Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

how hard wil it be to find solid red panels for these valances?

Susan
9 years ago

after many hours of searching I think I like these well enough to place my order---but the company doesn't offer matching panels---arrghh.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K1QBVVA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2COSWV6FGSSOC&coliid=IMH6MPV20NYH1

I want a non-shiny cheerful red panel, maybe with the tiniest hint of a stripe.
I cannot get to a store to search and have to do my shopping on line for the foreseeable future.

would you risk it?

Comments (14)

• graywings123
    9 years ago

Here's your picture

It is a darling valance, but I would not add panels to it.

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

It shouldnâÂÂt be hard at all, and easy enough to find. HereâÂÂs a link below for some on sale through Amazon. At that price, itâÂÂs worth a try. These probably arenâÂÂt lined, yet if you wanted them lined, you might also look on Etsy for them, or get one of the vendors there to make you some.

Here is a link that might be useful: Red curtain panels

• Susan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I actually googled poopy valances and found a company selling the same valances with matching cotton shower curtains. at 72" tall they are perfect for the space in my rv where I want to use them, so will do the math and order them as soon as my cabinets get installed.
    It's going to look FABULOUS when I am done, I can't wait!!

• User
    9 years ago

Congrats! Fallingwaters. I glad you were able to find them. I was going to post I had seen red panels in Bed, Bath & Beyond. Fabulous you found the shower curtains to do the trick!

• Susan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks, I have posted another question about what to use with these, I think it's going to be so pretty when I am done. I'm so excited!

• Jamie
    9 years ago

Cool that you can use the shower curtains. I love the poppy fabric . It will be interesting to see if the labels on the panels say "machine wash" and on the valences say "dry clean only".

• Susan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks graywings for posting it, I still struggle with the basics of linking pictures.

I sure hope they are both washable, as they are both cotton. i'll let you know.

um, let's make that POPPY valances, not POOPY valances!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

You're gonna start a whole new trend with Poopy Valances. :p

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Lol Fallingwaters, I giggled to myself when I saw the typo!

• User
    9 years ago

fallingwaters ... As you cannot get to a store in the foreseeable future. I think you have to take the risk and order them. Worst case scenario you will have to return them. Make sure you are aware of their return policy. Nothing ventured nothing gained. :-)

• Susan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

bumping this thread to say that I brought home today two 30" raw oak cabinets for that wall and think i'll paint them a soft green. I have more than doubled my storage and counter space and am so happy about that!

curtains should be here Tuesday, and I think they'll look great in my kitchen on wheels.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I'm sure glad i don't have to google "poopy" valances cause I was feeling really stupid not knowing what they are! :)

• loribee
    9 years ago

Can't wait to see, good luck!

• Susan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

sorry to bump this yet again--but now I want to paint the new raw oak cabinets to 'go' with the curtains.
    pretty much any soft to medium green will work, won't it?
    across the room will be a dish shelf/rack thing and I am thinking apple green for that.
    am I on the right track here?

the original cabs are natural maple, as is all the trim. there's no color otherwise, the wallpaper is white/beige.