Mon, May 6, 13 at 17:37
|I was poking through Homegoods today, when I found a chandelier very similar to the ones I've been eyeing on Pottery Barn. A plastic bag sealed with tape held the hardware and directions. It had a Quoizel tag attached, which I figured was an indication of good quality. |
When I got it home and opened the bag, I found a Home Depot canopy and the card it came on. Also a smaller bag containing installation hardware. I've contacted Quoizel CS to see if they can send me the right canopy.
It's occurred to me someone might have pulled a switcheroo and put a Quoizel tag on a different chandelier before returning it. If you have a Quoizel chandelier or lamp, do they have a logo or mark anywhere other than the tag? I've looked for images online, but this style is discontinued.
I'm so suspicious.
|My daughter's Quoizel has a nut which attaches to the canopy inscribed with the words Quoizel. |
|If the canopy you have goes with the fixture, does it matter? If not, wait to see if the manufacturer can send you the right one or shop for another. Or return it. Sometimes things wind up at HomeGoods because they have 'issues" and couldn't be sold at full price elsewhere. Doesn't really matter how it got that way. You deal with it or don't buy it.|
|Ha! My instincts were correct! |
I contacted Quoizel for a canopy, hardware, and installation instructions, and got them today.
Quoizel is a wonderful company. I told them I bought the chandelier at Homegoods, it is a discontinued style, and they still found the parts and mailed them to me free of charge- within three days of my call.
The missing pieces are a different finish, and the illustration in the instructions shows a completely different chandelier. Someone must have looped the Quoizel tag onto this chandelier, wrapped up the junk to go with it, and brought it in for a return. It eventually made its way to Homegoods. It happens. :(
So back to HG with the chandelier, and back to Pottery Barn for me.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here