Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eastcoastmom_gw

Where can I find a good quality sectional?

eastcoastmom
11 years ago

I've hit a stumbling block with what I thought would be a pretty straightforward ( LOL) item.

Who makes a high quality oversized sectional similar in look to a Crate and Barrel or Pottery Barn with deep cushions, horizontal pillow back ( preferable straight ends, no T notch) that's a bit taller than the fixed back, square or track type arm, not too low to the ground (at least 35" overall height or more ), and just a bit of leg showing at the bottom, i.e. not more than 2 inches?

Closest thing I've seen to this was a few years ago at the Kreiss showroom, but they are no longer in this area. I'd like to be able to sit in something and find some other options at various price points in any case.

Thanks!

Comments (14)

• daisychain01
    11 years ago

Have you tried Lee Industries?

• chispa
    11 years ago

I just bought from Century furniture. They have semi custom and custom sectionals that will give you the options you want. I went through a designer and local design center, so not sure if they have retail showrooms.

• eastcoastmom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks very much! I will definitely check out all of those suggestions. I should have mentioned that I'm working with a designer who can get me into the showrooms, such as Century, as well.

• mamajean15
    11 years ago

Definitely not high quality but we just bought our leather sectional from Jcpenneys and they have some that fit your description to a T. The ivory track arm style that sits lower to ground but comfortable and not weirdly on the floor as some of these new styles are was simply beautiful. I went for the light tan and its soft as butter and actually very well made. We simply love it. You could spend the money saved on other decorating items. Everyone that sees it compliments on it. Yes, I will get a host of texts after this commenting on Jcpenneys lower quality which I agree but this particular sectional that comes in TONS of optional colors was really my best purchase of 2011. loveeeeeee it.

• eastcoastmom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, what is up with all these lower back height and close to the floor sofas? Does more depth in the seat mean you don't need quite the same height behind your head? Would proportions be off in a great room with high ceilings?

daisychain, I checked local availability of Lee Industries and see that it's sold out of Crate and Barrel in my area. Do you know which products in their line Lee manufactures? Thanks!

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

Have you tried Flexsteel?

• mcps
    11 years ago

I just ordered this one - I really don't know who makes it. If you Google "Artemis sectional", there are stores all over the country who sell it. It's very comfy and looks well-made. I can't wait for it to get here!

Here is a link that might be useful: Artemis Sectional

• tinker1121
    11 years ago

I have a Flexsteel sofa and love it!!! It is about four years old and style was called Temecula and not sure if still on their website. All the styles are there and you can search for a local furniture dealer that carries Flexsteel.
    I live in PA and saved a bundle by ordering from Hickory Furniture Mart in North Carolina and having it freight shipped. Bought the sofa and chair and a half in a beige chenile fabric. It is high quality and weighs a ton.

• tinker1121
    11 years ago

Here is the link to a picture of the Flexsteel deep cushion sofa but it is not a sectional.
    http://www.furnitureappliancemart.com/collection.aspx?CollectionID=Temecula&CollectionNum=sof

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

If you are working with a designer, try Charles Stewart. You can design your own style (arm style, chaise on one end, 2-3 cushions depending on the size needed, etc and the fabrics are great.

• eastcoastmom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• uafly1
    11 years ago

Another suggestion, try Norwalk.
    I have one in my living room and I loved it so much I just ordered another one for my den. Plus it's 100% customizable.

• Doris Hastings
    4 years ago
    If you haven’t already found one.....find a furniture store that sells Sherrill furniture. Lots of fabrics, beautiful custom work, everything they make is comfortable. And reasonably priced!
Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator