Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorative front door flags

Posted by susandail_m (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 17:17

Are these flags, which were so popular "back in the day" still popular?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorative front door flags

I just bought a new garden flag to hang at the entrance to our front walkway yesterday. Flags, whether hung on the house, or in the garden are a nice way to welcome people. Our house has little/no visibility from the street, so I always change the walkway flag seasonally.

o

This year I hung solar lanterns from my mini flag stands, giving the flags a year off. I like it! I think I was the last holdout in the neighborhood, which this time of year and in the fall leans toward college flags.

o

I was just walking around my 'hood and noticed many so they are still popular here. It was a mix of the small ones in gardens and full sized on flagpoles on porches.

o

Not so much where I live. I just think it's a personal preference. Anything can be nice if you like it and it's not overdone.

o

When we moved from New Jersey in 2006, it seemed like every home still had a flag hung at the front entrance. We have recently moved back to the East Coast and I don't see many at all. We are in Maryland, outside DC. Maybe it's a regional thing. I'll keep checking the neighborhoods as I travel around our new area.

o

As a military town, we have many American Flags. Mine is for my two Army guys. I have a motion light that comes on at night. Garden flags are all over the place to buy, but am seeing far less of them being used.

o

After several years without one; we've gone back to putting out a garden flag. I guess we missed it. I think the key is not to feel you HAVE to have a flag outside. Some were just silly and the whole thing got a bit overdone.

o

I think it's a trend that's been waning for awhile. A lot depends on the style of the house...some are more appropriate for a colorful flag than others....

o

I really don't care if it's popular or not, I like flags and have used them for years. I have a large one out front and a garden flag in a landscaped area out back.

tina

o

There isn't a single decorative flag in my small neighborhood in MD, outside of DC, but three houses (mine included) display the US flag year-round, and several more display it around patriotic holidays.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here