Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ellen Kennon Paint

Posted by Claudia789 (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 17:16

I am moving into a new home on May 30. I would like to use Ellen Kennon paint. Has anyone had any experience with her paints? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ellen Kennon Paint

Here's a thread with a little insight into her paint. I don't know the outcome of 'the problem', but you could get online and read reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: paint

o

When I purchased paint from Ellen Kennon, several years ago, the paints were mixed by ICI Dulux dealers using the standard ICI Dulux bases and colorants. Only the color formulation was unique, so I do not believe the explanations given in the thread referenced above. No "fugitive pigments" and no weird paint base.

I do remember that Ellen described some ICI paints as more burnish-resistant than others. The current information on her web site mentions that the Diamond 350 paints have superior burnish resistance, from which I infer that the Lifemaster paints are not as burnish-resistant.

Both Dulux and Glidden were owned by Akzo Nobel. Akzo Nobel's North American business was acquired last year by PPG and the Dulux lines are labeled Glidden Professional. The dealer who mixed my EK paint is still the dealer for it here.

o

Thanks! I thought you had to buy her paint through her website. Is that correct? Has anyone had a phone consultation with her?

o

I have used her paint and love it! Have had no problems whatsoever and she was so helpful in helping me. The colors that Ive used are Edgewood Green
and Berry Red. Will definitely use them again.

o

Posted by Claudia789 (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 18:44

Thanks! I thought you had to buy her paint through her website. Is that correct? Has anyone had a phone consultation with her?

Oh yes, I've talked with her and she developed several custom colors for me that are now part of her offerings--this was in 2005.

I love EK paint--particularly the golden tones just glow differently depending on the time of day, season, and add such depth and warmth to my home.

Additionally, EK is very knowledgeable about color and always professional.

o

I have her paint in my MB & MB - I forget the name of it - but, it is a gold color, similar to Sw Tobacco Road. I love it with my light colored furntiure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here