Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgmarie

What over this bed?

dgmarie
9 years ago

The furniture and bedding stays. The duvet is birds from Pottery barn. Husband wants to put up a faded old poster of France. I want something attractive but bird prints seemed too much birds, KWIM?

Comments (12)

• teacats
    9 years ago

Well -- perhaps start with two matching simple fresh white lamps ..... then just see if anything else is needed ....

..... perhaps a single large round plate -- check for a pretty one with white-and-birds pattern .... the round shape will work with the shape of the headboard ....

Then move the right-hand nightstand a couple of inches closer to the bed ....

• demifloyd
    9 years ago

A simple quilt would be my choice.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I wouldn't put anything on the wall over the bed I'd move the tall cupboard so that it's against the wall next to the opening to the next room/closet/bathroom, then center the bed on the wall it's on, and get two nice lamps for the bedside tables. Maybe a rectangular mirror on the wall behind each bedside lamp. That's a nice look.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Bird Prints matted and framed over the headboard, + lamps on either side of the bed.

I would center the bed on the wall with the nightstands and move the lingerie chest somewhere else in the room.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

These are really pretty. They're on eBay. Maybe two, side-by-side, behind each bedside lamp?

• stolenidentity
    9 years ago

Put the faded old poster of France up there in a nice wooden oldy looking frame and enjoy the room. LOL - who sleeps in there? I would love it if my own hubs had an opinion on what to put on walls :)

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Oh gosh, Tibbrix, those are wonderful! And I like your idea, too.
    My first thought would be to add tall-enough matching lamps for the nightstands; then frame the French poster in an old wood frame , as Sasafras suggested, centering it over the bed . . . IF the poster is something that would work with the rest of the room. And then hang the gorgeous prints Tibbrix showed us someplace in your room. Over the lamps or on the far sides of them, perhaps. If I already didn't have too much art, I'd buy them for myself. Love them!
    Lynn

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Lynn, those are actually prints inside mirrored frames. Aren't they beautiful? I actually considered getting a set for myself! If I weren't so brokeâ¦.

For some reason, I"m not a fan of big artwork over beds. I've never thought it looked right. I've also always had this fear of it coming crashing down on top of me in the middle of the night!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Just want to say I have the same Birds duvet cover and I love it, as do my cats. Same on both sides, double the wearability.

• dgmarie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hubby will only consider wall mounted lights. His night and is full of the weather radio, the alarm controls, the caller ID box and the old phone. When I tell you none of that moving elsewhere trust me. It ain't going. So I'd have to do the kind of lamps which screw to the wall and plug in below. He won't do hard wired.

I like the bird prints really.

• teacats
    9 years ago

Perhaps a couple of these plug-in swing-arm wall lamps?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lamps Plus -- Plug-in style swing arm lamp

• teacats
    9 years ago

Or a couple of these white ones? And on sale and free shipping! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: LP -- White plug-in swing-arm wall lamp