Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
autumncolor5

Fabric Suggestions for Powder Room Please

autumncolor5
9 years ago

I was wondering what fabric you would suggest to go with these tiles?

I was thinking of doing a roman shade.

Thank you.

Comments (8)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Some deep purple with gold squaresâ¦I think this fabric would look beautiful as Romans shades in that room.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Another view of the fabric and the Web site

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabric for Roman Shades

• voila
    9 years ago

Since you have two small patterns with the tile and granite you could do a linen (colored?) shade with a gold or brown wide ribbon accent on the bottom, or alternatively an over sized print such as large damask.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Between the tile and the granite, I think you have enough pattern going on already. I'd go with a less patterned fabric. Sorry, I don't have any specific suggestions!

• thankurnmo
    9 years ago

What a lovely room- really!
    I think I would go with a larger pattern as Viola and sueb suggested. (and probably not geometric.. I like the one viola posted)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

How far is the window from the tile? If it's not too close, then something like this paisley would be great.

or this which picks up on the shape in the mirror

But if the window is close to the tile, then go with a solid or a texture that reads solid and it can be in any of the colors in the tile...depending if you want to go darker or lighter. Just make sure there is enough contrast with the gold wall color...I doubt you'll be able to match it, but if you could, that could be cool too. Then you can trim the shade with a border in one of the deeper brown tones...

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

I love patterned fabric, but with all that beautiful tile I think I would go with something like a tan linen - to match your lightest tile.

• luckygal
    9 years ago

Very important to consider scale and since you have 2 small scale patterns in the tiles and granite a larger scale fabric is best if you use pattern. Depends on your tolerance for pattern.

What I'd do is take some tiles to a fabric store and browse fabrics to find one I love with those colors in a mid to large scale pattern depending on the size of the window. Alternatively the pattern could be a monochrome pattern with only one of the tile colors on black, white, or cream. You might also use a plain fabric or trim to border the shade in one of the tile colors.

If you decide pattern is not for this room you could use any plain color in linen with a darker plain border.